The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Orbx Worldwide Airports- MAIW Parking issues

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Orbx Worldwide Airports- MAIW Parking issues

Post by jpf813 »

Hello All,

I am hoping you all can help me resolve this problem I have been having a lot lately.

As you can see in the pictures below, for some reason the MAIW aircraft are not going to the correct spots as they were previously when I had FSX.

I do have Orbx worldwide airports installed and these include Burlington VT intl and Bangor Intl, since the MAIW packages have not been uploaded in toe the matrix yet for scenery for these airports.

Anyways, what would you suggest I do? because its clearly messed up now.

Thanks,

Jon
Attachments
Orbx Airport Burlintgon 2 PNG (2).jpg
Orbx Airport Burlintgon 1 (2).jpg
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Orbx Worldwide Airports- MAIW Parking issues

Post by jpf813 »

more
Attachments
Bangor Airport Parking 2 (2).jpg
Bangor Airport Parking 1 (2).jpg
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

The reason you are getting Mil aircraft parking at terminals is that the ORBX airports do not have any (or very few) Mil parking in their ADE files. I installed the Orbx worldwide airports a couple of months ago and noticed the very same problem. For Bangor I loaded the Orbx ADE files into Airport Design Editor (ADE) and with reference from Google Earth and the old AF2(FS9) file from MAIW added the required parking. For the Burlington VT I disabled the Orbx files completely and used an airport by Jaison Diaz found on Avsim "kbtv_adex_jd.zip" and amended it to suit my requirements.

It took me some time to work out exactly which files I needed to Delete/Rename from Orbx but if you search for the ICAO code you should find them. For KBTV they are:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBTV.BGL
ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBTV_CVX.bgl
FTX_FTXG_KBTV_objects.bgl

All I did was to change "BGL" TO "BAK" This way the file is still there if I decide that I would prefer to have it back.

Regards
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jpf813 »

How do I do that?

The only option I have is to load the stock airport?

Also, the same issue at Tucson Airport and no orbx

Thanks,

Jon
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

To amend KBGR you need to go into ADE and open airport from BGL. Go to the folder where your ORBX Airports are (for me its "D:\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery" and under file name enter *KBGR* This will give you a selection of all files that belong to "KBGR".

You should have the following:
ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBGR.BGL
ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBGR_CVX.BGL
FTX_FTXG_KBGR_objects.bgl

Select "ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBGR.BGL" and this will then load into ADE then add the objects by selecting File/Import BGL and selecting the KBGR objects BGL.

If you have the ORBX libraries added to ADE then you will see all of the various objects as yellow boxes. If you see loads of black boxes then you need to add the libraries into ADE using Library Object Manager (Tools). With the help of Google earth and the old MAIW (FS9) AFCAD file you can now place the required parking with the correct parking codes. Once you have the file as you want it compile it to a location of your choice and rename the original files to something suitable. My new files are named "ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBGR_1MOD.bg and ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBGR_1MOD_OBJ.bgl" Leave the "CVX file alone as no changes are required and the original will do fine. The 2 original files I renamed to "ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBGR.Bak and FTX_FTXG_KBGR_objects.bak" so that they are still available if required.

Unfortunately I cannot share my amended file as ORBX would probably have the Lawyers on my Ass and I sure don't need that. If you have any other questions then send me a PM.

Regards
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!