The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Small runway Glitch at MCAS Beaufort

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
delta_lima
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Small runway Glitch at MCAS Beaufort

Post by delta_lima »

Hi!

Just installed Matrix with a new P3DV4 install - I'm SO impressed! Thanks for all the great work.

A small glitch that I noticed on RWY 5, where there's a carrier landing area painted on the near end of the runway - the "layer" that has those lines sits (in sim scale) roughly 18" above the surface of the actual runway. I believe it's a carryover from the FS9 days, since it's a glitch I noticed when I had that in my FSX install.

It's an otherwise gorgeous scenery, and the markings are perfect for FCLP practice - just that they should sit down on the same surface as the runway.

Hope that's an easy one to fix.

Thanks,

dl
Quaere verum - Seek truth
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Small runway Glitch at MCAS Beaufort

Post by Greg »

Hi dl,

Unfortunately, the markings can't have the same elevation as the runway because that causes z-fighting in FSX and P3D. The trick is to have them sit slightly above. We do the same for e.g. arrestor system markings (the yellow circles).

It could be that the FCLP markings are set a bit too high. I'll have a look in any case.

Glad you're enjoying Matrix! :)
delta_lima
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Small runway Glitch at MCAS Beaufort

Post by delta_lima »

Thanks Greg.

Good explanation, and in reality, apart from taking screenshots and self-indulgently looking at your plane on the runway (I know, who does that, right? :) ) the issue as viewed from the VC is not as noticeable.

I’m enjoying Matrix like a parched man at a firehose!

Thanks again.

DL
Quaere verum - Seek truth