The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Default AFB NA Update Question

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Default AFB NA Update Question

Post by jpf813 »

Hello All,

I really love this new update for the NA to the Matrix, its awesome that you have all the Air Force Training bases now!

But I was disappointed to see that no custom scenery was done for say Vance or Columbus AFB.

Are their any plans to update them to the custom scenery packages for the matrix? I know Columbus has a package for FS9.

All the best,

Jon
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Default AFB NA Update Question

Post by Greg »

Hi Jon,

The only scenery that is currently being converted for Matrix is what was included in our packages. Our earlier packages didn't have any custom scenery, or even any scenery at all (most of them even wiped the default buildings because there were no tools like ADE yet to move them, something I already rectify during the conversion).

I am well aware that there are 3rd party sceneries out there for many of these bases, but the trouble is getting permission from the original author to convert their scenery and distribute it via Matrix. Most authors never answer when I try to contact them or their email address no longer exists.

Our focus right now is on getting all models converted and released before we look at improving the scenery. After all, we're an AI traffic oriented website. But if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by jpf813 »

Why do you have to get permission? If they aren't around anymore than that's their problem not yours.

If it was on the FS9 version of MAIW I see no reason why they wouldn't want it converted to P3D.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Unfortunately things don't work that way.
Things don't become fair game after a period of time unless stipulated by the producer in their readme.

If you were to produce something. Somebody does not automatically have the right to modify it from its original purpose just because you give up modelling. You have rights over your work unless you agree to give them up, nobody can just take them.
Steve