The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KVPS AFCAD Use P3dv4.5 + Photoreal Image

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
danielsjam
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

KVPS AFCAD Use P3dv4.5 + Photoreal Image

Post by danielsjam »

I applaud you for updating packages, and I have been searching for Military flight plans for use with AIG, however p3dv4 comes with a photoreal image of KVPS Eglin AFB and your AFCAD overlay is not even close. See the attached images, the runways appear to be ok, as well as the left side of the airport, but most taxiways and the scenery on the right side are off. It's not possible to export the scenery objects or parking in ADE, therefore updating the stock airport from p3d with the items from your AFCAD is not simple. Eglin is not required, so I guess the easiest thing to do is disable it in scenery.cfg.

Thanks

James
Attachments
2019-7-10_1-20-2-364.jpg
2019-7-10_1-19-21-803.jpg
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: KVPS AFCAD Use P3dv4.5 + Photoreal Image

Post by Greg »

Hi James and welcome to MAIW!

Indeed we are aware of this. The notes in the readme for North America specifically mention that it is best to disable the stock photoreal background for Eglin by unticking the box in the Scenery Library in P3D.

The AFD included in Matrix is a conversion from the old FS9 AFD which is why they are not compatible, but it is either that or no parking at Eglin until someone can provide something better. The same problem exists at RJOI Iwakuni.

If you don't want to use the included AFD, you can disable KVPS on the "Settings" tab in Matrix.
danielsjam
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Post by danielsjam »

Thanks and perhaps your project is a good idea, but I think it is too much add-on scenery for one package, and with just global and NA enabled, it takes p3d a long time to load. Not acceptable, I modified my add-on.xml to just load the aircraft and traffic data and p3d loads faster. I am fine with using the AI traffic with default airports. The installer should allow me to select which airfields/bases, or if I want to install scenery files. I am using AIG for commercial AI, which allow you install the portion that you want. With NA, Europe and Asia installed, there are duplicate aircraft, for example the F15E is used in all three regions.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Everything is down to user choice. You can have it how you want it. We provide a solution for all users which can be modified.

As long as you do not mind traffic not showing up or disappearing on landing due to no parking slots not being available then I think you are good to go.
Steve