The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Double Airports: MAIW and P3D original

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Sundog
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Double Airports: MAIW and P3D original

Post by Sundog »

Hi Everyone,

My MAIW scenery installations have both of the MAIW airport and the standard P3D airports active at the same time. Did I do something wrong with the install?

Just an FYI, I have everything Orbx installed on my system and due to the way their AusV2 works I don't have MAIW installed in the region, because I thought that was the problem. However, right now, I'm flying in Japan in the sim and the bases all have both of buildings from the standard scenery model and the MAIW model active.

Regards,

Ken
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Double Airports: MAIW and P3D original

Post by Greg »

What you see is not the original airport, but a copy of the default airport made by ORBX. They usually do that when the default airport doesn't align properly with the terrain or vectors in their products.

Do a search in the ORBX folder (by default located in your main Prepar3D v4 folder) for the ICAO codes of the dupclicate airfields. If you find an APT_XXXX.bgl file, then disable it by renaming the extension to .off. Be advised that any update of your ORBX regions will probably put the original files back. ORBX don't offer a UI where you can activate or deactivate these airfields.

Matrix does have a UI to disable airfields if you would rather keep the ORBX versions. It's on the settings page.
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Double Airports: MAIW and P3D original

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

FTX Aus V2 (as will any FTX region) will include it's own mildly edited airports that will conflict with the airports added by Matrix. It's by far the best idea to disable those conflicts and continue using the Matrix versions as they have way more detail as well as parking for your military traffic.
Just go into your FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery folder for example and for YSRI you can just add an .OFF to the end of the 3 YSRI files.
As for Japan, ORBX afaik doesn't have any scenery for Japan so if you are seeing conflicts there at airports, it's coming from another scenery addon but best to eliminate duplicate airport files there as well.
Having conflicting addons placed on different scenery priorities although commonly thought as ok, still causes conflicts and texture issues among other things.
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC