The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Need help with Matrix

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Need help with Matrix

Post by flyboy »

I recently installed a 1TB SSD to my system and cloned over the old Hard Drive. Matrix is giving me an error 'the folder path Program Files (X86) contains an invalid character. It will not let me repair or remove it. Any help would be appreciated.
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Need help with Matrix

Post by Firebird »

I have a tendency never to put anything in the Program Files (X86) folder unless it absolutely needs it. Too many security issues.

Is it the case that this is the first time you have run Matrix since your cutover?

Now I had a look at my Matrix settings and in the user.config I found the "InstallPath" setting parm as follows :-

Code: Select all

<setting name="InstallPath" serializeAs="String">
                <value>F:\MATRIX\Military AI Works\</value>
            </setting>
This proves that it will easily take a blank space in the file name.

Search for 'matrix.exe' on your system and find the weird named folder, mine is MATRIX.exe_Url_bponwpd5hjhvh2stp5mhnt5ibbq1etxd, and inside that there will be a folder for each version that you installed.
Look at the user.config in the latest folder you have and could you post the relevant entry, as I did.
Steve