The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Matrix Updated?

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Matrix Updated?

Post by jpf813 »

Is the Matrix ever going to be updated with these new packages that Greg made a post about?

I haven't seen any updates since Oct!
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Matrix Updated?

Post by gsnde »

You may have also noticed that no conversion packs were released in this period. Why might that be?

One possible answer is that the people running this show for free sometimes are completely taken by their real life commitments.

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

The short answer is yes. The time frame is dependent upon personal time.

I guess if you are really in a hurry for them you could just install the packages and then de-install them once Matrix gets updated.
Steve
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by jpf813 »

No worries, understand, but it just stinks that many of the great air base sceneries that are in the FS9 aren't in the matrix.

I hope that someday all of the released scenery packages will be in the matrix.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

The Matrix is specifically for P3Dv4, not FSX. It's not a great difficulty to convert those FS9 sceneries to run in FSX - many of them will do so 'out of the box'. Others can be converted simply by using ADE and the FSX version of the MAIW Library. Some of the really custom sceneries may be a bit more difficult, but I have to say I haven't had any noticeable problems with any that I can think of - and that includes in P3D.