The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Matrix 2 Development

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Matrix 2 Development

Post by Greg »

While LM keeps working on fixing P3Dv5, I have started working on a new version of Matrix to support it.

The app is rewritten from scratch using a more modern UI and follows the dark/light theme option hype.

Matrix 2 will allow you to install in both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 (for now :wink: ). It also supports light region versions and a separate optional scenery installation in case you would only want the traffic for some region without any scenery to save on disk space and loading time.

Still a lot to do, but here's a little preview.

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Matrix 2 Development

Post by gsnde »

Extremely slick and sexy looking, Greg!
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Well done Greg, looks impressive.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That does look professional and even as a non-Matrix user, it looks very user friendly.

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I suspect this might be going beyond the brief, but would there be a way of using Matrix to access the entire MAIW download library? I understand that in essence it's about installing only current airfields, aircraft and flightplans, but it would be great if it could be a bit more flexible and allow custom configurations of MAIW resources.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Looks really professional - designing near to P3Dv5 appearance.
Regards, Manfred.
Kulbit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Kulbit »

Resuming an old request of me, regarding the availability of different models in relation to the different historical period (retro / current), could the Matrix 2 implement a command,a sort of time switch, which allows to select a specific historical period (or years time band, ie: 60', 90', actual ) automatically enabling the various sceneries versions (or certain aircraft) of that historical period, and the related traffic files.
This would allow us to fully appreciate the right aircrafts in the right historical context, allowing us to fly with aircraft no longer in use, in the maximum of realism.

Should be great to use even the same update system of AIG AI Manager to enable the updates by scripts without the need to have a complete region package for the update but just a single aircraft model or liveries...

And latest a looking at the Orbx Central Map to have a geographical view of the Units/Bases

Let me sorry if i'm asking too much but the best opportunity to make the program exceptional !!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

The retro option is something that on my list. Programming it is not the hard part. The main issue here is that someone will have to create and maintain the retro setup, similar to the current day setup that I created. Ideally, that someone should be in it for the long run and not disapppear after 6 months. :wink: I myself have very little knowledge of retro stuff (and no interest).

The "why can't you do something like AIM-OCI" comes up regularly on our Facebook page and in PM's. It is simply not our business model. MAIW has always been about offering full packages including models, paints, flightplans, scenery and voicepacks in a user-friendly installer. Matrix simply replaces the 300+ individual installers and at the same time avoids that users need to do a manual conversion to the current mainstream platform (i.e. P3Dv4). The notorious "5%" who like to fiddle with models, paints, etc already know their way to the hangar. Matrix aims at the other 95%.

That map is actually a great idea. It may not be in the initial release but I'll put it high on my list.
Kulbit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Kulbit »

Greg,
thank you very much for your attention and your kind and clear answer !!
Can't wait to try the new Matrix !!
Thankx for your awesome work !!
DMdoc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DMdoc »

Greg: I suspect I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway: Will there be any updates to the present Matrix whilst you are working on Matrix 2?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

No, sorry. I'm trying to focus the little time I have on Matrix 2.
Psybear
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Psybear »

Thanks for that focus. Very much appreciated.
Win10 Pro x64 v2004 | P3Dv5.0 HF2 | AIM 1.0.1.7 / TC 0.3.1.3 | AILR Pro 1.21.0 | STB-DS 5.0.2020.17800 | EVP XL 6.3.1 | SODE 1.7.1 | FSUIPC 6.0.10b | ASP3D b8
Tuskin38
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Tuskin38 »

Oh yeah that interface is very slick.
delta_lima
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by delta_lima »

Hi!

This is exceptional news! Personally, I never had any complaint about how how Matrix 1 worked. I found the interface and process virtually error-proof. All I've had to do is manage my "retro" world files carefully to take account updates. Easy peasy.

Now about retro. This has been a very keen interest of mine, and it's barring the occasional forary into the 90s, I "live" in various periods from the late 50s to the 80s. I'm in a project now working to implement some available FSX/P3DV4 models into something that works for me and my interests, but I see some appetite beyond that.

@Greg, I'd be keen to explore what would be required from a structure/maintenance point of view. If I can help, I'm open to help. I'm no modeller or painter alas, but I know the periods and the equipment quite well, and if it's managing structures of datas, dates, periods etc., I'm happy to at least explore what would be required. If I can help, I'm happy to.

I'm running v4.5 now with no imminent plans to move to V5, but I'm sure there are others who'd be willing to contribute from that sim.

PM me and we can talk.

dl
Quaere verum - Seek truth
DennyA
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DennyA »

Great to see, Greg! Really missing my military planes in P3DV5 and can't wait to see Matrix 2.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Thanks for the encouragement!
delta_lima wrote: 11 May 2020, 17:51 @Greg, I'd be keen to explore what would be required from a structure/maintenance point of view. If I can help, I'm open to help.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the offer. :smt023
Psybear
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Psybear »

Memorial day here in the US so thinking of all things military including MAIW 2.
Hope all is going well and you and yours remain healthy.

Clayton
Win10 Pro x64 v2004 | P3Dv5.0 HF2 | AIM 1.0.1.7 / TC 0.3.1.3 | AILR Pro 1.21.0 | STB-DS 5.0.2020.17800 | EVP XL 6.3.1 | SODE 1.7.1 | FSUIPC 6.0.10b | ASP3D b8
dmk6
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by dmk6 »

Great news..
Last edited by dmk6 on 08 Jul 2020, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
dmk6
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by dmk6 »

:)
Last edited by dmk6 on 08 Jul 2020, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
dmk6
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by dmk6 »

:D