The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Re: AIRCRAFT NO VISIBLE AT ANY MILITARY STATIONS

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
jmgc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: AIRCRAFT NO VISIBLE AT ANY MILITARY STATIONS

Post by jmgc »

Hi guys, needing your help!

I installed Matrix 1.7.0 in my P3Dv4 and also installed Global Libraries and the Europe Region.

I added to Scenery Library, in P3d, the files (bgl) of the subfolders you can see below:

From MAIW_EUROPE:

-MAIW EUROPE AIRBASES
-MAIW EUROPE OBJECTS
-MAIW EUROPE WORLD

From MAIW GLOBAL:

-MAIW GLOBAL OBJECTS CUSTOM
-MAIW GLOBAL OBJECTS GENERIC
-MAIW GLOBAL WAYPOINTS

I have the doubt where I need to install the files from MAIW_EUROPE_AIRCRAFT, MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS and MAIW_GLOBAL_TEXTURES

The reason is that when I open the stations all works perfectly well, but I no see static military airplanes at all!

I can´t see the planes, all is empty, and no traffic either!

Many thanks for your help and support and best regards.

Waiting for your news!

josé
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Re: AIRCRAFT NO VISIBLE AT ANY MILITARY STATIONS

Post by Firebird »

OK this is what I think happens with Matrix installs.

Firstly, you do not have to install anything from the download. P3D does not need everything in a predetermined place. You can install addons anywhere you use an xml file that tells P3D to load the info.

The xml files are created in the location "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons".
In that folder there will be a folder for each region download you install.

So for Europe you will see a folder called "MAIW Region Europe" and in there you will find a file. It will either be called "add-on.xml" if you want it to be automatically loaded each time P3D starts or "add-on.off" if you don't. This is determined in your Matrix settings.

So the first thing to do is check for your Europe folder and see if the xml file is there. If it is and you load it into an editor you will see that it contains four folders that are loaded to P3D.

This now brings us to what I think the problem is.
Firstly, like I said you do not need to do anything. When you install a region an xml file is generated and will load everything for you. You do not add anything to P3D.

Unless you specifically wanted to not have Matrix setup the addons for you, I would undo what you added. Set P3D back to as it was before you added the Matrix packs.

Then uninstall all your Matrix packs and when clean install again the ones you want.
Once done then check the "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder for the xml files and then start P3D. I am guessing that all will be well. What I think the problem is that you were trying to manually install the packs and this was not successful. The reason I think that is the list that you give above does not include all the folders that should be made active automatically.
Steve
jmgc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jmgc »

Many thanks for your quick answer, I am going to follow your instructions asap and I will keep you informed about the result.
Thanks a lot again,
josé
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

After you did what Steve said, don't forget to say "Yes" when P3D asks you if want to enable the addon(s). An example is shown on page 5 of the Matrix manual.
jmgc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jmgc »

Hi Steve!

sorry for the delay in my answer, but I have been a bit busy last week and "out of my station".

Believe me whwn I tell you that I have been following carefully all the instructions you told me.

Then, as you recommend me, I uninstalled all the Matrix packs and when all was very clean I installed only the EUROPE REGION and the GLOBAL REGION via Matrix.

After that, I have check if the addons are installed in "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" and ok, the "xml files" are there!

If I understand well all your instructions, I dont need to do anything more, but, unfortunatelly, when I open P3D, the stations are there with all the details and vehicles (cars, military jeeps and lot of details) but no planes!

Sorry, because I am sure that I am commiting some more mistake but I no see the planes!

Waiting for your news and lot of thanks for you two for your support!

josé
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi José,
No problem. Every body has real life stuff.

OK So now that we have have cleaned up the Matrix installation we can then look at this differently. The common cause of traffic not appearing in FSX/P3D is the old issue of an FS9 traffic file in your scenery structure. The two types can't be mixed. The traffic file may not only be in the normal traffic folder but in any ACTIVE scenery in your P3D path.

The difficult thing is finding them. Probably the easiest way is to use a function in AIFP, Find FS9 Traffic Files. Try that.
Steve
jmgc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jmgc »

Thanks for your rapid answer, Steve!
I will try your instructions and I will be in contact with you asap.
Regards,
jmgc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jmgc »

Hi Steve! Just to tell u that I see perfectly the planes!

All is working perfectly.

Million of thanks for your help!

josé
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem. Glad you got it sorted.
Steve