MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?

Post all questions and problems with Matrix in this forum.
TimC340
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?

Post by TimC340 »

I note that Don has discovered that AIFP is somewhat hampered by the updating of many, many airfields' positions and ID codes in P3Dv5. He's working on it, but has expressed some concern that legacy flight plans may well not work in the new sim. I'm still not really using it as my AMD setup isn't compatible, even under HF2, so I can't really comment further.

barticus300
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Making MAIW work in PREPAR3DV5

Post by barticus300 »

Hi Guys sorry for the daft question but how do we install matrix if its yet possible into PREPAR3DV5 ?
I have tried adding the MAIW files manually into the scenery library to nothing also were do the MAIW aircraft go ? do I put them into simobjects ?

Any help much appreciated as Ive always used Matrix in V4 and love it

Regards Glynn :)

Kaiii3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Making MAIW work in PREPAR3DV5

Post by Kaiii3 »

You can add the SImObjects to the default directory, but it would be bed practice. Do you know how to add addons using the XML-Method? If yes I would suggest using this way.

BTW: Many Addons developed for P3Dv4 are not fully working in v5. (Airports will not work at all, they need some changes for v5, Effects will look different)

barticus300
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Making MAIW work in PREPAR3DV5

Post by barticus300 »

Thanks for the reply not sure on how to use the XML method but will look into that.

Thanks again Kaiii3