The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Some advice needed

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
magic1085
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Some advice needed

Post by magic1085 »

I am working on a new AFCAD for Andersen AFB as sort of a learning experience for me, and hopefully something that will be useful to MAIW as I am making it as true to RL as possible so that maybe in the future we could do a hypothetical deployment of an expeditionary wing or something similar.

I have run into one problem with it, and I am not sure if it is just me being too worried about being a perfectionist, or if I am doing something wrong.

When creating the numerous little one to two fighter ramp pads, I am having a hell of a time squaring them up to the Taxiway since it is on an angle and making them uniform with each other.

Is there anyway to rotate the afcad for design purposes so I can set the taxiways and runways on a horizontal plane, or do I just have to eyeball it and hope for the best?

How do all you veteran scenery designers do it?

My kingdom for a rectangle tool! LOL

Matt
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

sure is 8) just hold the control key down and use your mouse wheel to make the map rotate :wink: if you don't have a mouse wheel...errr I'm not sure...someone should be along shortly though to answer that one.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by CrazyDunc »

the other way to do it is the PAGE UP button and the END button!

CD
Regards,
Dunc
magic1085
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by magic1085 »

Thanks!

You are a lifesaver, well at least a hair saver...I was about to start pulling it out LOL
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by CrazyDunc »

No Problem,if u need anymore help shout n ill see wat i can do!

CD
Regards,
Dunc
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

Another way is when you are in AFCAD, lock it to flight sim, but it is a bit long winded, but at least you can see if there are any buildings in flight sim in the way when you do the parking slots.

dave