The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Someone looking for some help

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Someone looking for some help

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi there,

I received the following email from Klaus Hinkel, who recently did the German F4 AI package which appeared on Avsim;

"Hi Stewart,

maybe you remember me... I´m the one who used to "pack" some F-4 Traffic Files. *g*

Did I understand you right...that you´re "working" for/with Military AI Works ?

The reason why I´m asking is the following : I intend to make a scenery of former RAF Laarbruch AB which is now Airport Niederrhein ( or Airport Düsseldorf - Weeze ) as I mentioned before a little regional Airport at the german/dutch border which is a former BIG RAFG Airbase during and short after the Cold War. But I would like to make two differnt sceneries : 1.)THEN.....and 2) NOW. And it will be for FS2004 !

There are some sceneries available on flightsim.com or avsim.com but in the end they are either not so good or missing vital objects or areas.

All the old RAF facilities still exists and are functioning. ( Shelters and so on)
The only difference is that the old RAF Fire Station was broken down to make space for a apron and the BIG Maintenance Hangar is now the Terminal. The Tower is now painted in white and blue and not green/black any more and there is a new Fire station.
All four Shelter areas ( with their own maintenance Hangars and Shelters are there. The Shelter Area of NO.2 SQN is now the Airport´s GAT. The other 3 Areas ( including the QRA within the SQN Area of No. 16 SQN ) are not located within the flight area and not used but only diveded from the flight area through a fence.

And off course I want to design it ..WITH AI TRAFFIC...( THEN and NOW ).

So...I`m thinking of a project or something like that. The traffic should be now problem. There is the excellent Tornado GR.1 Model of PAI and repaints for all of the four RAF Tornado SQNs of RAF Laarbruch ( ETUL) are available (No.2, No.15, No.16 and No.20) . And civil traffic ( mainly Ryanair and Sky Airways which are servicing Airport Niederrhein ( EDLV) should be no problem anyway.

What I need is the help of one or several object designers who would create all the objects in XML/BGL format to be placed with RWY 12 Object Placer program by me later. I´ve no experience in creating things like that especially textures.

The reason why I would like to create the ETUL/EDLV sceneries is ..first of all..I´m working there as a traffic manager on duty since it´s opening in May 2003 and I love this charming airport because you can still feel the spirit of the RAF everytime you´re entering the area.
The second reason is it´s a challange ( no not really... )to make two different sceneries
of the same airport...and would I would enjoy the most.. is to create the AI Traffic for ETUL after finishing the airport sceneries. It would be like a journey into the past.

So.... I could send photos and datas off all the objects which have to be designed before creating the scenery. And if somebody would like to see the whole thing in reality it would be no problem to show him everything he likes to see. In that case it wouldn´t matter if these facilities would be in the flight area or not. I would accompany the person(s ).

So maybe you and the fellows at Militray AI Works have an idea... .

As you can see the fella is looking for some help with scenery design. If anyone can assist, please PM me and I'll give you Klaus' email address.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."