The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ACG Gutersloh

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: ACG Gutersloh

Post by Greg »

Ah never mind then. That works as well. :)
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Manschy »

Wow mates - that really makes my day! Thank you so much!
Regards, Manfred.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Mark
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

That's fine. Thank you!
Regards, Manfred.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Awesome!
Thanks a lot Manfred.

Giorgio
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

Manfred, that' s a work of art.
Awesome how you captured this part of Cold War history.

I am just home after spending the day at the fence with the local spotters. :wink:
I will be back tomorrow
Hartwig

Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thank you for your kind comments. I have to say that this project never could reach that state of quality without my partner Michael's hard testing work by finding each missing car plate or blade of grass. Many thank's to John Young as well - this project was powered by his fantastic Harriers that constitute the heartbeat of these sceneries. Please further read the credits for all involved artists in this project! I am glad about all their help.
Regards, Manfred.
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

I have a question.
Can the AI Harriers be merged with the other Harriers by John Young (ACG_Harrier GR3 Vertical AI) or is the FDE especially tweaked for the Harrier Hides?
Hartwig

Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi Hartwig,

the Harrier pack inside our Hides package is especially made for the traffic between the Hides.
But you can use John's Harrier further on for sure, if you already have a traffic created. Only issue may be some Harriers with identical IDs, but this will be no problem. At a visually appearance of more than approx 20 Harriers this will get nobodys attention...Your current Harriers will not perform at the Hides because the Hides-Harriers have their own identities (icaos, call signs etc.) Hope this helps :-)
Regards, Manfred.
PB68
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: MSFS

Post by PB68 »

Hi Manfred,

Whilst commending you for your efforts, I must however remind you of your commitments in making sure, what you are calling your own work, is indeed your own work.

This is with reference to the following Texture - MS_EHNS_GRASS.bmp

I was disappointed to see in your Harrier Hides Texture folders, what I believe to be a ' Rehash ' or copied and then
re-manipulated Grass Texture. The Original Texture is called PB_ETUO_V_GRASS.bmp

Please take a look at the images and see for yourself.

This is yours -

This is mine -

Permissions that I may have given you, were to be able to use material of mine in its original state only, not to re-engineer or
manipulate it and then call it yours. I have had similar issue's with this sort of thing on other site's and believe me it is sole destroying !

Please bare this in mind for any current work, that you might have under development. As ACG no longer exists, I am under no obligation to honour any agreement previously made by association with it.

Pete Beeby.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi Pete,

happy to meet you here. Shame on me, it is your grass, that's right and sorry for it.
I am speechless with admiration for your investigative skill to find each minor mistake. Congratulation, that's a part of a sheet I overlooked.

So to all users that download the Harrier Hides: All grass you will find in the scenery seen as above is ownership of Pete Beeby!

Pete, I bear with you for a long time and communicated diplomatecally each time, no matter if in forums or in emails. Not sure, why you have that dislike for me - or for any other users even if they don't appreciate your work immediatly!
It is not my nature to answer that way, it takes a long time to ruffle me but you force my hand to do that. I have to say your behaviour is not understandable.
But by the way, while we're on it, let's make a deal: I get back my RAF Gutersloh you tweaked to FSX without ANY PERMISSION OF MINE and distributed it again and again - this includes ALL MY WORK OF BUILDINGS, MODELS, appropriate textures.
Continiously I get asked for the FSX-patch that's circulating in the net - and I keep calm and didn't kick up a shindy!
Think about THIS, Pete, and think about it carefully. You will realize that you have to eat humble pie if your name should stay blameless in the net! Over and out!
Regards, Manfred.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

For clarification: Pete Beeby is well appreciated in the credits of the Harrier Hides. Please don't assume he is been ingnored like his post is presaging it. I respect Pete for his outstanding talent and never would utilise his work or parts of it wilfully!
Regards, Manfred.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

I am currently working on a patch that will exchange the wrong texture. It is inexcusable to produce such a mess after a hard work of two years.
Regards, Manfred.
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

real world operations from the Harrier Hides at Sennelager:

Harrier T4 Flight | Narrated by Mark Zanker

Hartwig

Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

This is fantastic. As the biggest fan of the Harrier GR3/T4 a real gift to me.
Thank you, Hartwig!
Regards, Manfred.