The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Scenery top ups

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
ukvoodoo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Scenery top ups

Post by ukvoodoo »

Hi all :smt006

Just started getting into scenery design and things and seem to have more time on my hands then I'd like, wondered if there was any JUST AFCAD files that are used by the MAIW community that anyone thinks could do with some generic buildings and such like added to them (would be as accurate as I possibly can)

Would be using the MAIW libraries so if anyone comes up with any suggestions please feel free to add them here and ill en-devour to do my best :mrgreen:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Scenery top ups

Post by Firebird »

I know that for me it would be nice to have some scenery at Eglin AFB (KVPS).
Steve
ukvoodoo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ukvoodoo »

Soon as I'm home I'll make a start :)
geoffj
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by geoffj »

Hi,

Some buildings for Dale Ashcroft's RAF Gaydon would be gratefully received (on Flightsim file name rafgaydon.zip)

Best,

Geoff
ukvoodoo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ukvoodoo »

Elgin will take some time :? :lol:

And Gaydon is a nightmare to find reference material about what buildings went where :shock: but I shall persevere
ukvoodoo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ukvoodoo »

The main problem I've found is Dales AFCAD for Gaydon is that it doesn't seem to match VFR scenery and while I wont be creating it for VFR scenery referencing things like buildings, base outlines and trees and roads are made difficult

so Gaydon may have to be a redraw of the layout or use of " an artistic license" putting buildings down

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

If you move the afcad centre point to match the vfr photo that would be the easy way to marry them up without redoing the work. I did that with an airfield and it looks great. I use VFR scenery from the day it was released.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy