The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KCRW Charleston ANGB

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
pryan2112

KCRW Charleston ANGB

Post by pryan2112 »

I have this scenery of Yeager Airport, a c-130 base on top of a hill in West Virginia. The only problem is i cant edit the parking without generic buildings appearing all over the airfield. I was able to delete the static aircraft there,but these generice buildings will not dissapear. I have used exclude builder and AFX to no avail. If anyone has a way to exclude these generic buildings i would highly appreciate it.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: KCRW Charleston ANGB

Post by Firebird »

Just to clarify, have you used the exclude function within AFX and had it exclude all generic buildings?

If so I would double check that you haven't got some scenery with a higher layer number that stamps over your afcad. I have had that a couple of times and can be a b*gg*r to find the culprit.
Steve
pryan2112

Post by pryan2112 »

yea its the KCRW 2014 by Sidney Schwartz it says the afcad was created using AFX. Im pretty fond of the exclude functions on afx and it still seems not to work. The generic buildings are gone when you load the airport straight from the download but when i use afx to add parking for lets say a c-5 galaxy,its says it contains sections not supported by afx and when i save the parking i created the generics pop up. but ime quite sure its not a duplicate afcad or anything like that.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

My guess is that if AFX is giving you that error then it probably isn't created using AFX, or the afcad is for FSX.
So when you are modding it it loses some bits, one of which is the excludes. So you will have to add the excludes back in. It should be as simple as that.
Steve
pryan2112

Post by pryan2112 »

but ive done exlude all objects exclude generic buildings all seem not to do anything here. like somethings encoded in the afcad or something
pryan2112

Post by pryan2112 »

Would there be any programs, or methods you would know about by chance. I tried that with both programs, as mentioned above. There is a way that deals with the scenery.cfg, but I'me not familiar with it.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

From what you say it is fine using the afcad out of the box and the problem only appears when you mod it. You then get the not supported issue and you lose the excludes.

Everything there indicates that the problem is being created by your editing. Which file name is it that your are trying to alter? I will try to take a quick look tomorrow.
Steve
pryan2112

Post by pryan2112 »

charleston_KCRW_afcad.bgl
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Firstly the afcad you mention is in FS2004 format. There are loads of small individual excludes for individual objects.

I was able to add parking spots and save it successfully w/o any problems. So at the moment I can't see what your issue is. I am using version 1.10, what version are you using?
Steve
pryan2112

Post by pryan2112 »

ime using fs2004, what version of 1.10 are mentioning? AFX?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yep AFX
Steve