The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FS Genesis Europe

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

FS Genesis Europe

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Guys

Is anyone using this mesh, if so have you found any problems with airfields / airports etc?

TIA

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: FS Genesis Europe

Post by JohnTenn »

John

I have layers of the old FS genesis mesh installed. Maximum 76m mesh.

I bought and installed Ultimate Terrain Europe to make the mesh more realistic in the sim. Some sceneries needed patches from UTE to make them compatible. I am satisfied.

I also installed South American mesh. The water features in Ecuador became mountain ranges. I removed some of the base files to remove this. This removed the rivers.

In conclusion. You may have to install more than just the mesh to get the best result. I have found that airports are now above the surrounding terrain or just below it. Nothing major.

Old sceneries for smaller airports dating from 2003 to 2004 era with their update patches may have problems due to the incorrect positioning of the airport is Flightsim.

I have just moved LIRL to its correct position referenced by Google Earth and the position of the VOR relative to the runway. The airport now fits into UTE almost perfectly

I hope this helps.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: FS Genesis Europe

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks John, I'm looking at freeware mesh as well. Most are fine but the French mesh causes a CTD when flying to or from the UK mesh. Will test another mesh to see if that cures it.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy