The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

OFFUTT AFB-KOFF

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

OFFUTT AFB-KOFF

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

I have provided photos and some other info to Gordon Perry and he has modified his scenery for KOFF. He will be posting it to the usual sites. It will include the AFCAD that I modified to accomodate some of the Transients seen there as well as the AI Traffic for the E--4 and RC-135 traffic package by Ray Merkel. It is now a very good AFB. :D

GZR_SACTARGETS
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by GrayRider »

Great shots there GZR

Is this the KOFF that is available now for download,if not where do I find the AFCAD and tha AI traffic packs you are referring to,if it is not included in the current KOFF that is available?

THX

GrayRider
(The land of the RELICS)
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

There is one posted but wait a couple of days for the revision. It will include the AFCAD.You can do a search at Avsim for Ray Merkel to find the Traffic. My AFCAD is considerably changed and parks the Birds as I often see them at KOFF, Including some in Hangars. Mine also allows for Transients- It all fits into the Revised Scenery.

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Flight Plans
Offutt AFB Traffic Package Full

File Description:
This package is based on the 55th Wing flying out of Offutt Airforce base. The wing is comprised of E-4B flying command posts(747), RC-135(S,U,V,W), TC-135(S,W), OC-135(Open Skies), and WC-135W(Constant Phoenix Weather Bird). The Package includes AFCAD files for the bases utilized by the flightplans, callsigns for the aircraft, flightplans, and repaints of the aircrafts. You will need the AI Aardvark 747-200-GE model available here and PAI B703 model and pai installer available at Projectai.com. You will need editvoicepack to use the callsigns.

Filename: offut_package.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 5th June 2005
Downloads: 1422
Author: Ray Merkel
Size: 952kb
GZR_SACTARGETS
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by GrayRider »

Thanks for the reply GZR

I will wait for the Revision and I guess it will be available for download within the MAIW site?.

I spent numerous years on two of the planes you mention.One of them is the RC-135's in my case it was the V/W/and Q models,and my last years on them was at Hellinicon Air Base in Athens Greece,the 922nd strat Sq. for four years,the best Air Force assignment I ever had,during 22 years.

Also In your list of acft. you mention the WC-135W.This plane I knew very well, but it was a WC-135 B model than,it was the first plane I started on, after they phased out the weather recon B-47's and the RB-57 short and the high altitude RB-57 Long wing.I was stationed at the 55th Weather Recon Sq. at McClellan A.F.B Calif.

Do the WC-135 W's have the U-1 foils on them.That plane must have been re-designed since I was on them in late 1969,but they were B models then.If I remember I think they only built 13 of them. I would like to see a real picture of the WC-135W as it is today.I think the tail number I trained was either 555(Triple Nickle) or 666 B model though. There sure is a lot of history around here.

I did post some screenshots of an RC-135 from my FS9 on the HJG website.I am a member there as well,and same user name as here.The shots are a little bigger,and look better.

GrayRider
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Hi Grayrider,
I think Gordon will post it on Flightsim.com or Avsim. I don't know if he reads here although he would be a good asset for the group.
I am embarassed to say I don't know a lot about the RC models. I had a lot of friends in the 55th and heard a lot of stories from them. During my Tour as SAC Director of Targets one of my Divisions ran the back-enders for the Looking Glass but I don't know a lot about that either. Just one of those blank areas in my AF Experience.
One of my SOS Students was "Bucky Jones" He was a B-57 Driver. I think he flew some recce and some as Targets for ADC. He didn't talk a lot about his missions so I suspect some were in the long wing doing air sampling or Elint.
Sounds like you had some interesting tours. The 55th guys deployed to Greece if I remember correctly. Of course they now go to 'the desert' more than anyplace else. They have to do a lot of rotations these days.

Cheers
Marv Howell
GZR_SACTARGETS
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Revised KOFF now up at Flightsim.com along with Point Magu.

FS-ACOF - FS2004 Scenery
FS2004 Scenery--Offutt Air Force Base

[ Download | View ]
Name: koffv21.zip Size: 461,231 Date: 07-12-2007
FS2004 Scenery--Offutt Air Force Base (KOFF), Nebraska (NE), v2.1. An updated version with a more accurate layout. AFCAD by Marv Howell. Scenery by Gordon Perry.
GZR_SACTARGETS