The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Thickie needs some scenery help

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Thickie needs some scenery help

Post by jimrodger »

It is probably fairly basic to some, but I'm struggling to find a fix for this problem.

This image shows the HAS complex at Grand Canaria.
GCLP_has.jpg
FS9 shows it as
GCLP_Capture.JPG

I've worked out using SBuilder to exclude the shoreline, but the replacement of it is confusing me totally.
I know there are numerous tutorials around but every one I've looked at just confuses me more.

Any one have a "Noddy" guide as to solve my problem.

Many Thanks

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Thickie needs some scenery help

Post by hawk_sh »

Jim,

have you already tried simply creating a polygon and using a VTP2 landclass over the water areas?
(Polygon: Properties --> VTP2 --> Classes)

I never tried it, but it works the other way, creating water areas where there was land before.

Also when creating lines in SBuilder there are VTP2 line textures for "ocean" and "lakes". This could be used to create the beach.
(Line: Properties -> VTP2 --> Assembled)

However I do not know how to make the waves break on the new created shore lines.
Hartwig

clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

hawk_sh wrote:Jim,

have you already tried simply creating a polygon and using a VTP2 landclass over the water areas?
(Polygon: Properties --> VTP2 --> Classes)
He would also need to create an exclude for the pre-existing shore line segments or he will get inland waves.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a go..

However, on checking my main FS9 installation instead of my testing one, I discovered that the MAIW Spanish Airfields is already modded to include the HAS site......DOH :oops:

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"