The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KNLC Lemoore NAS

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
JImF117
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

KNLC Lemoore NAS

Post by JImF117 »

I am redoing KNLC Lemoore NAS for FSX, from MAIW NAS Lemoore V2.zip. It is being done in greater detail. I need to know what several of the buildings look like in .mdl form, so I can see them from different angles. I am asking if the authors could please decompile or compile the libraries Lemoore Object Library.BGL and MAIW_ABO.BGL for me. I tried to decompile them but bgl2xml would not work as there is a null value somewhere in them. I will also be adding some other buildings and objects to one of the libraries. I do not know if I got the IFOLS working correctly also. I still have vegetation, lighting, and GSE to add
The final project will be uploaded to MAIW for your approval, and any additions.
I am attaching a picture of what I have done so far..
KNLC_Temp.jpg
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: KNLC Lemoore NAS

Post by MIKE JG »

You could try contacting John Stinstrom for help but he's pretty much left the scene.

I'm not a fan of people de-compiling other people's work to make their own.
Last edited by MIKE JG on 03 Feb 2016, 14:41, edited 3 times in total.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I would not try to modify the MAIW_ABO.blg library as this is a common object library used by multiple sceneries and you could end up messing with things you didn't intend to. It would be much better to put your modified and new objects in their own library.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

JImF117,

You might want to check out Henry (uchi) Street's excellent and very detailed NAS Lemoore (KNLC) scenery package for FSX that is available for download at the following link:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6DD18498 ... ion=locate

Below is a link to a later update for the photo base files:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ion=locate

I have v1.02 installed in both FSX and P3D v2.5 along with the traffic files and AI aircraft from the MAIW NAS Lemoore V2 package and they work fine together. In the near future I hope to find the time to install his v1.5 and photo base files update. :D
    Mike M.
    Victory103
    Colonel
    Colonel
    Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

+ on uchi's version, when I'm flying the VRS on the left coast, his scenery runs smoothly as it's built for FSX. MAIW package AI seem to have no issues finding their parking spots.
    DUSTOFF
    ARMY PROPS
    NAVY SAR

-Chris