The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MARHAM 1993 FOR FSX: SOLID BLACK TEXTURES

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
imdra
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

MARHAM 1993 FOR FSX: SOLID BLACK TEXTURES

Post by imdra »

Over the years I have downloaded most MAIW packages and run them successfully in FSX, but the latest RAF Marham ca. 1993 just gives me solid black buildings and ai airplanes. I've tried deleting and reloading, made sure that there are no duplicates. Grateful for other ideas.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: MARHAM 1993 FOR FSX: SOLID BLACK TEXTURES

Post by Greg »

Hi Imdra.

The RAF Marham scenery that was recently added to the download library is not an MAIW package. It was created by ACG as advertised and hosted here.

The guys from ACG should be able to help you here.
imdra
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by imdra »

Sadly ACG closed down last month
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

What Greg was referring to is that the guys from ACG hang around in this forum and would see your text.

However in the mean time my guess would be that you have DirectX 10 Preview option in the Display Settings in FSX set on. You have to set this off, as from SP2 it no longer supports FS9 rendering.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Hi Imdra,

Marham 1993 is one of my sceneries but I don't have that problem. The package has been available for over 3 years now at flightsim.com and your problem hasn't been flagged to me before as far as I can remember.

So long as you've installed the FSX version into FSX, you shouldn't have a problem with the DirectX 10 Preview option if your graphics card supports it. In fact because the scenery is in FSX native code and the textures are .dds, the preview mode actually works very well.

Just in case there's a problem with the uploaded zip, I've just downloaded the package and re-installed it on my PC. I couldn't however find any problems with the scenery or the AI. Here's a screen shot I took a few minutes ago:

I'll try and help you find the problem. You will find my e-mail address at the end of the manual. Rather than mess around with image hosting, could you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing please? Would you also confirm that you have 145 files in the Marham texture folder, that they total 48.8 MB on disk and that the texture folder is spelt "texture" and not "textures".

John Y.