The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Joint Region Marianas for FSX Underway

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
JNDVirtual

Joint Region Marianas for FSX Underway

Post by JNDVirtual »

As I continue re-creating stuff that I lost to the hard drive crash, I've been stuck in...Guam!

Not real world, but because of all the activity surrounding Andersen Air Force Base, I've basically re-done every airport and base in Guam and the Marianas. With a bit more tinkering, I may be able to get something released soon (if I don't get distracted by the other projects), but I did want to let folks know that it was on the docket.

What I have so far:

PGUA - Andersen Air Force Base, Guam. Includes the Global Hawk and Triton hangars as well as the new North Ramp for incoming Marine Corps units.
PGWT - West Field, Tinian. Used by F/A-18s for Exercise Forager Fury.
PG01 - Orote Field, Guam. Used for Exercise Tandem Thrust and C-130 touch-and-gos. I also send HSC-25 helicopters there to support carrier ops.
PG02 - Northwest Field, Guam. Home of the Pacific Regional Training Center. C-130s also touch-and-go there.
PG03 - Northwest Field, Guam. Helicopter runway.
PG04 - North Field, Tinian. Used for Exercise Forager Fury. USMC KC-130s landed there after a refurbishment.
PG05 - Echo Field, Tinian. Used for Exercise Forager Fury. USMC KC-130s and USN MH-60s landed there.
PG06 - North Field, Tinian. Helicopter runway.
PG09 - Farallon de Medinilla Training Range. Aerial bombing target. Island reconstructed, as FSX has it west of its real-world location.
CV76 - USS Ronald Reagan. Well, the static aircraft carrier in Apra Harbor, but I put a "runway" there so my AI F-35Bs can get carrier qualified with touch-and-gos.

I'm also going to redo Apra Harbor, as FSX has rendered it a bit funny compared to its actual location, and add some AI boat traffic. Maybe a couple of visiting destroyers.

I've added aircraft from the following units and have flight plans for them:
- HSC-25. Added ten of John Young's Sea Hawks.
- VMFA-121. Will be moving from MCAS Yuma to MCAS Iwakuni. I have some of them fly over for "exercises."
- VMM-262 and VMM-265. Moved them from MCAS Futenma to the North Ramp. Added some MV-22s from FS2002 and dispersed them to avoid a framehit of all 24 of them on the ramp at the same time.
- VUP-11. Repainted four Global Hawks to MQ-4C-spec.
- 12th Reconnaissance Squadron. Moved four Global Hawks from Beale AFB CA to new hangars at Andersen.
- Det 2, D Company, 1-224th MEDEVAC Battalion. A couple of Black Hawks (real-world, the unit flies Lakotas). Waiting to see plans for the hangar at the Guard Readiness Center at Barrigada and will make a helicopter runway for them.

I've also edited some existing flight plans to replicate Forager Fury and Cope North exercise traffic.

If anyone wants to take the AFCAD for a spin, let me know and I'll shoot you an alpha copy.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Joint Region Marianas for FSX Underway

Post by gsnde »

I would be very much interested!

Sent from mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Wow, heck of a project. I seem to be in this region more lately in the sim, may have to start doing USMC UDP flightplans to get more in the mix.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Terrain edit of Apra Harbor. Still have to add the concrete and scenery for the port. Orote Field and the aircraft carrier (which I've called the USS Ronald Reagan since the USS Kitty Hawk has been decommissioned) are visible; Antonio Won Pat International Airport is to the northeast just outside of this shot.
Attachments
fsx_guam_apra.jpg
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

An F-35B from VMFA-314 performs approaches to the USS Ronald Reagan. The helipad at Orote Field is at the left with the tents around it.
Attachments
fsx_guam_apra2.jpg
asdro
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by asdro »

Will you make conversions for FS9, too?

I am interested in Guam.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

I don't have FS9, but if someone wants to tackle the conversion when I'm finished, I'd give a blessing to it.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Hangar 6 with two MQ-4C Triton RPAs in there just chillin'.
Attachments
fsx_guam_hangar6.jpg
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

HSC-25 should be along shortly:

JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

I did get the package, and I'm gonna fire it up in the scenery this weekend. Thanks!