The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Portland, Dorset

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
merlin101
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Portland, Dorset

Post by merlin101 »

I have the scenery from UK2000, which looks good, but no AFCAD for it! I tried using the default AFCAD, bit the a/c won't take off, just sit on runway! Anyone help me?
Dave
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Portland, Dorset

Post by Greg »

The first thing that comes to mind: missing hold short nodes or hold short nodes that are too far from the runway.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

The default AFCAD has no runway / taxi links, only start positions on the runway.
So not really set up for AI.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Portland is now closed except for the Coast Guard copter which is moving to Lee-on-Solent soon due to Government cuts.. I did do a scenery for Portland that matches the VFR scenery abd is AI friendly but never tested it on the default scenery.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

With all these lovely new helicopters out, just fancied adding some there! Visiting sea king from culdrose was hoping for or similar. Thanks for comments anyway, maybe someone be kind enough to make one in the future?
Dave
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

merlin101 wrote:With all these lovely new helicopters out, just fancied adding some there! Visiting sea king from culdrose was hoping for or similar. Thanks for comments anyway, maybe someone be kind enough to make one in the future?
Dave
Hi Dave

Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send you what I've got to try out. As I say it was designed to fit in with VFR Photographic scenery.

Cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy