The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Texture problems

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Texture problems

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Guys

When at Mildenhall the textures start out OK but after a circuit the textures disappear leaving the untextured scenery objects and also the aircraft. This also happens at Lakenheath. Other airfields are fine. Any clues why this should be? Is it due to two complex sceneries in close proximity?

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Texture problems

Post by Firebird »

If you know the objects see if their bmps are mipmapped. IF not try adding them, if they are try removing them and re-adding them.
I am not saying that this will cure it but hey it has to be worth a try. It goes without saying to back up the textures before you mince around with them.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Good idea Steve I'll have a play tomorrow.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

No Joy. Tried another EGUN and it works fine so the problem lies with the V2 Mildenhall. I had V1 but no longer, question is has anyone got the original MAIW Mildenhall release?
John

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

VulcanDriver wrote:No Joy. Tried another EGUN and it works fine so the problem lies with the V2 Mildenhall. I had V1 but no longer, question is has anyone got the original MAIW Mildenhall release?
here you go....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/793 ... enhall.zip

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks for that Jim. Thought there was scenery included but I was wrong. Still can't get to the bottom of this. Whatever it is in the scenery its preventing textures on any aircraft showing plus some buildings and trees from displaying when seen from certain angles. I'm sure this didn't happen before! I've disabled Lakenheath to see if that was the problem but it's not.
John

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

What graphics card do you have and what mem does it have?
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve its a AMD Radeon 6700 with 3gb vram.
John

Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

John
Make sure you dont have duplicate bgl & bmps anywhere
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Garysb wrote:John
Make sure you dont have duplicate bgl & bmps anywhere
I've checked for duplicate bgls didn't find any yet to find bmps, its a good point as I have lots scenery probably using the same textures. That's a job for the long weekend ;)
John

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Like I said before if you want to check your system for dupes use the freeware and portable Everything proggy. Faster than any search tool I have found.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Steve I'l grab that sound useful. Also I overclocked my video card to see if that helps, using the AMD utility.
John