The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Cannon AFB

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Cannon AFB

Post by VulcanDriver »

I've just installed the MAIW Cannon package. At the air base I get tall oblongs that aren't textured. They could be pylons. They are positioned around base and follow the roads so I guess they are meant to be there.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Cannon AFB

Post by jimrodger »

I've just done a fresh install and the objects in question are phone poles from the "Cannon phone poles.bgl".

However it'll take someone cleverer than me to work out what texture is associated with it.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Ah thanks for that I'll remove the offending bgl to get rid of them unless someone can identify the texture.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

jimrodger wrote:I've just done a fresh install and the objects in question are phone poles from the "Cannon phone poles.bgl".

However it'll take someone cleverer than me to work out what texture is associated with it.

Jim
Hi
Import the bgl into ModelConverterX. As it is imported it will tell you the texture files that it is trying to load.

Gavin
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

Sussed it......

The object is part of the 2D_Objects.bgl which the install places in "MAIW Scenery Library Objects"

The texture file for the phone poles is 2D Pole.bmp.

I had a 2D_Objects.bgl file but it only had 18 objects, whereas the one installed with the Cannon package has 40 objects.

Hope this helps...

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Jim will investigate that. I think I said don't copy it during the manual install I did.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Jim I've put all my textures into the main Texture folder and I know can see the telephone poles. I've noticed a marked improvement in FPS and loading time. Amazed at how many duplicate and triplicate files I had!!
John