The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

An idea?

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Stevo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

An idea?

Post by Stevo »

Hi

Stevo here from ex ACG.

After the closure of Airfield Construction Group in January and 5 months of doing no flightsim work at all, I have decided to get back into flight sim again but on a much smaller scale. During those five months ive been thinking of ways I could get back into the flightsim community and still be part of it but without the months of slog on a single large airfield.

So id like to get your thoughts on my idea if its workable and if it would be welcomed.

I propose to simply offer my modelling services to anyone here who needs a custom model for an airfield you might be working on. simply as that..lol

For example, the control tower from RAF Wyton, a special vehicle from here, a radar from there, airport terminal......you know something custom that isnt available and would be nicer than using generic buildings........I've usually only done UK based models in the past but I am open to anything as long as there are pictures freely available of the object you need.

I'm not sure how it would work, how many id be able to take on, etc as its only an idea at the moment but id appreciate some thoughts.

Regards

Stevo
Rimmer: Step up to red alert.
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: An idea?

Post by hawk_sh »

Hi Steve, I think that is an excellent idea.
I would really like to replace a few objects in the sceneries I am working on with custom made ones.
But Ido not have the motivation and time to get back into modelling again to do it myself.
Hartwig

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem, Stevo. I am sure that there will be times where you help will be invaluable.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

This is a very welcome idea. Thanks for the offer Stevo :)
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Could do with some RAF aircraft tugs as a starter
The Schopf ones

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
geoffj
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by geoffj »

Hi Stevo,

Maybe a bigger ask than you were looking for but how about the Handley Page main production hall and experimental hangars at Radlett?

Cheers,

Geoff
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

geoffj wrote:Hi Stevo,

Maybe a bigger ask than you were looking for but how about the Handley Page main production hall and experimental hangars at Radlett?

Cheers,

Geoff
I've got the box set of The Plane Makers a 1960 British drama series set in aircraft company. The external shots were filmed at HP at Radlett. Occasionally you get a glimpse of a Herald in the background.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
aviavirt
Cadet
Cadet

Post by aviavirt »

geoffj wrote:Maybe a bigger ask than you were looking for but how about the Handley Page main production hall and experimental hangars at Radlett?
Some days ago I did this small and simple scenery of Radlett.

Stevo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Stevo »

Hi all

so it looks like an idea then,

Obviously there will be some contraints, reference material is vital, if there is none then I wouldnt even attempt it.

I have already took on a project for Hartwig as a little tester, when ive finshed that I'll get back you all, I do like the Tug suggestion.

;)
Rimmer: Step up to red alert.
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Manschy »

Hi Stevo,

glad to hear about your thoughts and appreciate your suggestions. Will be an enrichment for the designing teams for sure!
Regards, Manfred.