The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FS Global What A Mess

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

FS Global What A Mess

Post by col1948 »

I bought a copy of FS Global Special Edition, After I installed it I got elevated airports, runways, trees and buildings on airports all over the place so I uninstalled it.
Go in to the sim this morning, I go to Manchester EGCC and what a mess, trees and buildings still on the airport, how can this be after I took it off?
Now I have a task of sorting it out, the trouble I've had in the past with some of these software that install stuff and leave a mess behind just get me so mad.
Sorry I'm just venting my anger, I'm not sure where to begin now with this because as far as I know the software isn't there so it looks like a search of the system to root out anything that belongs to FS Global, then I'm in fear of deleting something I shouldn't bah! :evil:
Attachments
Mess.jpg
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: FS Global What A Mess

Post by Firebird »

In cases like this, one of two things has happened. Either not everything installed has been deleted or everything has been deleted but it removed files that replaced the defaults.

If you have an install file this can be useful as it will contain exactly what was installed and where and it may help you determine the problem.

What I have found in the past is that quite often packages like this place files in some default locations so they don't delete them. It maybe the case here and if you have the install file you can delete them manually.
Steve
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Hi Steve, I used that program you told me about that searches the system, it did find a few more entries but they didn't make any difference.
So I uninstalled FS and now I'm starting all over again, I backed up my aircraft and ai flight plans so now I'm slowly going through the process of getting it back to normal again, a long job in front of me.
Funny because I read threads and posts on other forums where users have said FS Global was great and they wouldn't be without it.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by hobby »

I had the same problem and took the same action. It is a tedious task finding the remnants of a deleted ORBX set of sceneries. I was very disappointed having watched several favourable review videos about ORBX which persuaded me to buy some of the scenery. I then found it just did not suit my requirements so I deleted it.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hobby, FS Global is mesh from PILOT'S and not the same as FTX Global from ORBX (even though both are equally painful to remove...).