The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Modified AFCAd now aircraft above the ground

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Modified AFCAd now aircraft above the ground

Post by col1948 »

I just did a mod on an airfield, I added a new taxiway to save the ai back-tracking, I've done this on other airfields and had no problems but this time I went in after the mod and the aircraft is about 3ft above the ground.
Other objects like vehicles and ground equipment are fine but I think they are part of the scenery and never move.
So I put back the old AFCAD and still the aircraft are above the ground, it isn't a big deal as I can remove the scenery and add it again but wondered if it was a quick fix before I did it.

I was using the old AFCAD program too by the way, not used that newer program yet lol.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Modified AFCAd now aircraft above the ground

Post by jimrodger »

Might be another AFCAD of the airfield in a different folder.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Re: Modified AFCAd now aircraft above the ground

Post by JohnTenn »

Col

The AI traffic altitude is controlled by the altitude of the airport information that is loaded first.

All that is required is a stub with the airport heading information. (I opened a stub created by ADE.)

The old-school fix, I discovered at UK2000 forums, is to place a copy your afcad in the folder: FS9\Scenery\world\scenery.

Hope this helps.

John