The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

another ade question

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

another ade question

Post by VulcanDriver »

Does anyone know how to make a grass textured background so an airport can sit on it, not a photo realistic one using ADE?

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: another ade question

Post by clickclickdoh »

I have found that the easiest way to do a ground poly texture for FS9 scenery is to use Sbuilder. The tutorial can seem somewhat daunting, but once you try it, it's actually very easy.

Everyone has their own tricks to do it, I use a rather brute force method. In ADE I use a 1 meter wide ice texture taxiway to draw the shape of the poly I want around the airport (or inside the airport for other types of ground poly other than airport base). Then I go the the scenery in FS9 and you have a nice white outline of what your poly should be. Open Sbuilder, start a new poly with "view airplane" turned on, and slew your airplane from point to point in FS9 marking each point in Sbuilder. In short order, you should have even the most complex polygons done.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

It can only be done for FSX and P3D in ADE directly with a few clicks, but as a staunch FS9 user you'll have to set up SBuilder like Brent said. ;)

Here is Mike's old tutorial from our learning center.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Wow, I had forgotten about doing that tutorial. Might have to follow my own tutorial again to get going with SBuilder once more!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks guys :)
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy