The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Runway showing as grass instead of asphalt

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Runway showing as grass instead of asphalt

Post by col1948 »

I often do short ai test flights from EGCD Woodford to EGNR Hawarden, from the air the Hawarden runway shows up as asphalt but when the aircraft lands it turns to grass, in the distant end of the runway it appears as asphalt but when the AC gets closer it changes.

This is the default airport but I did edit it to add more parking which I've done on other airports but I never edited the runway at Hawarden.
I also changed a few taxi links to enable the AC to move about and park at the new spots and they work OK, again I've edited other airports and had no problems, any ideas please?

While I'm on the subject I have looked for a decent replacement for Hawarden if anybody can suggest one.
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Re: Runway showing as grass instead of asphalt

Post by JohnTenn »

Col

Having the runway disappear would indicate that the runway is below the airport flatten. The altitude should be 35ft.

There is a version of EGNR in the old UK2000 part 6, now freeware. It is rather old now. You would also have to selectively add and remove bgl's in order for the scenery not to conflict with the newer sceneries from UK2000.

If you are using ADE to modify the Afcad, you can create a flatten polygon and also change the airport altitude. These changed files will likely be in FS9\Scenery\World\Scenery folder. Perhaps there is one there already?

John
col1948
Major
Major

Re: Runway showing as grass instead of asphalt

Post by col1948 »

Hi John,

That did the trick, I changed the height to 35ft as you said, for some reason it was 33.9, I never changed it so don't know what happened there, any way it all works OK now thanks mate.

Col.