The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

plumbing using ADE

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

plumbing using ADE

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi All

I want to have AI a/c following this flow chart with arriving a/c on route B and departing a/c on route A. I know how to do the plumbing technique in AFCAD but is it possible to do it in ADE?

All ideas welcomed.

John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: plumbing using ADE

Post by hschuit »

You can create all kinds of taxi paths in ADE (I am using v1.70), including plumbing. Just obey the basic rules like:
- Create separate taxi systems for arriving and for departing AI.
- One taxi system must be invisible, the other just like any normal taxi system.
- Runway entry/exit points must have 2 hold short nodes: Visible for departures and invisible (No Draw Hold short) for arrivals.
- Arrivals will exit the runway at the 1st hold short node possible depending on their speed.
- Hold short node limits are for outgoing traffic only. Incoming traffic hold shorts can be placed anywhere along the path from runway to parking - aircraft stop at the first hold short they come to then ignore the rest.
- Make sure the taxi link from runway to arrival hold short node is not to close to the runway and has an angle of >90 degrees, if not the AI aircraft disappears at the hold short node.
- Departure track distance from parking to hold short must be shorter than corresponding arrival track.
- Departure track must terminate on the end-most nodes of the series of runway links. All the runway link nodes to which the arrivals plumbing is connected must be inboard of the departure nodes.
- To ensure arriving AI always park with the proper heading, make sure the shortest route is to the closest link node at the backside of the parking.

hope this helps.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: plumbing using ADE

Post by VulcanDriver »

Ah I see. will try that thanks
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy