The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Default Hangars

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Default Hangars

Post by BadPvtDan »

Does anyone have any idea the name of the bgl in FS that contains the default hangars?
Last edited by BadPvtDan on 23 Jul 2007, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Chris
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Chris »

Danny,

My understanding is that the hangars are not contained in a single bgl.

I have done some research in the past, as I was looking for hangars suitable for designing military airports, so I went through all the default FS9 bgl libraries trying to locate if any, using flight1 instant scenery as also the abacus EZ-scenery.

Unfortunately, the only two default bgls I have discovered to have some hangars were the denver.bgl and the sydney.bgl and again not all of them suitable for military airports - not more then 10 in total..

Since I'm not an expert, of course I'm not sure if there are any other bgls that these programs couldnt see, I've tried also to open most of them manually one by one by going on both the "addon scenery" and "scenery" folders and subfolders.

Somebody else might have better knowledge so he can help us with this issue. :D

Currently, what I have done, is that I have choosed to work with EZ scenery and other addon libraries as also some of my own creation via FSDSv3.

Chris
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Chris,
I know most of them are not suitable for ANY scenery let alone military ones! I have some default buildings I need to move. I hope to exclude them and then put them where they belong :)
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Chris
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Chris »

Yeah, you are right. Good luck :D
Dave Waffler
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dave Waffler »

If you look on Avsim, there is two sets of scenery for two NAS's, Whidbey Island and North Island. they have some pretty good military hangars, which you can use Rwy12 of Abacus's EZScenery to place.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Thanks guys but I guess I am not making myself clear.

I can make my own military hangars. That is not what I want to do. I am trying to find the ones that are already in the scenery. I am just looking to use the same default hangars that are already there.
jdhaenens
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jdhaenens »

Most of the generic hangers you find around FS9 are just that...generic buildings not specific to any .bgl. SceneGenX will allow you to build this type of generic building fairly easily...and place it where you want. As far as picking from a crop of hangers in a library .bgl, however...no. FSX has quite a few library hanger objects.

As far as using other folks' stuff in your own scenery...just make sure you have the authors' permission and give credit where it's due. Both John Stinstrom (KNUW and KNZY) and myself have had to send takedown notices for stuff that was used and/or distributed without our permission.

Jim
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Wow...thanks for the thoughts but...let me try this again.

* I can make my own hangars or have the scenery designers here do it for me.
* I just want to MOVE the DEFAULT hangars to a more agreeable spot.

...so...I just wanted to see if these DEFAULT hangars were in a particular library within the game.
jdhaenens
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jdhaenens »

Sorry Danny, my second comment was directed a few posts above, but I haven't found a cache of default hangers either...that's why I started making them.

I'll be posting some generic military hangers as an EZ-Scenery library in the usual places within the next couple of days if it helps...

Jim