The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Seasonal Textures

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Seasonal Textures

Post by VulcanDriver »

A modicum of success. Only one texture causes the CTD and that is the Autumn or Fall for a our US friends. Will work on that tomorrow.
The textures are ones I made years ago and seem to work. Not an exact match to the landclass but near enough.

I'm using the numbers that came with MDL Tweaker :

SP 60 to 149, SU 150 to 239, FA 240 to 329 WI 330 - 59

I did notice that spring in Northern Norway has snow on the ground. I guess copying the winter texture to become the spring texture but keeping the _SP extension will cure that.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by JohnTenn »

John

Glad to hear you are getting the hang of it.

The hardwinter textures will give the snow.

You will have to keep your head when allocating the days for each texture. Hardwinter sometimes starts at the end of the year and flows over to the beginning of the year. Your allocation will then be eg. 350-45 for hard winter, 46-90 for spring etc. , depending on when the textures change.

I have to write them down and enter them from my list. Newbie.

John
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by JohnTenn »

Getting the day that the ground texture actually changes will require you to load the sim and check the ground texture to find the day it actually changes. Donkey work.

The picture in the calendar is seldom correct.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Added the HW texture, changes the seasonal days. Works fine now. The CTD caused in autumn is because of some 3rd Party mesh / textures I've installed not the mdl or my textures.

Going to crack on with the scenery now.

Thanks for all the advice

cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy