The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

FS9 Winter textures (Landclass)

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

FS9 Winter textures (Landclass)

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Guys

I'm somewhat perplexed. I go to a default airfield in winter and its covered in snow, but the surrounding area is green. I've read that FS9 and FSX doesn't update all of its landclass to match the seasons, this may explain this. Firstly is it true. Secondly can someone who has the FS9 default scenery for Norway (no add on landclass etc) please go to ENAN and tell me what you see outside of the airfield during the winter season.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: FS9 Winter textures (Landclass)

Post by John Young »

It depends on what you mean by "winter" John. Attached is the result for ENAN for the 1 Feb at 11:40, which I think is "hard winter". Winter actually starts on the 22 December, which presumably the standard "winter". I can't get a daylight screen shot of that time because it's dark all day that far north. I'm not sure when "hard winter" kicks in.

John
Attachments
ENAN_HW.jpg
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: FS9 Winter textures (Landclass)

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi John that's what I'm seeing too. I need to change the position of some objects as they show being snow covered in the green areas. Means they stand out like a sore thumb.

Cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy