The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Going to Start Releasing Sceneries

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
JNDVirtual

Going to Start Releasing Sceneries

Post by JNDVirtual »

Whew, this is some hard work! But after a job change, ANOTHER computer failure (saved the hard drive this time) and a change of residence, I've picked up the FSX bug again and can actually get around to releasing some of these sceneries I have laying around.

It'll take a minute, but I'm going to bump the threads on those sceneries to give status (and remind my old mind on what I was working on!). At first, it'll just be AFCADs, but once I figure out the packages, I can zip 'em up and release them.

I know I was working on the Marianas, Kenya, Poland and South Sudan. South Sudan's probably going to be first to release because it's the easiest to finish (12 Mi-17s is their entire air force lol). But once I get everything settled, I can get 'em out to you all. The big challenge is remembering the paints because some of them are custom, and others were painted by others, and I have to find the links to them again (if they're still even there). But I have tons of AFCADs (some of which have custom buildings with no textures, but again, still working on 'em).

An example of how I'm releasing this stuff is over at http://www.vol20.info. No files are there yet, but that's where they'll eventually be. I anticipate that I'll have the site ready within a week and files pushed out within two weeks. APologies for these delays, but dangit, I'm trying to get 'em out while my stuff still works (fingers crossed).

If you're interested in any of those projects, send me a PM again and I'll put you on a notify list when I get stuff sorted out.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: Going to Start Releasing Sceneries

Post by col1948 »

Forgive me for saying this as I know nothing about creating scenery and I respect the work of the guys that do it.

to my point: My personal pet hate is when a scenery designer add static aircraft, some do say in the readme if to remove delete xxx files which to my mind I wish they would all do that but some don't and it can be a bit daunting to find the right files to delete to get rid of the statics.

Some like the statics so fair enough but personally I don't, there have been odd times I have not used the scenery because of the statics which in some cases are poor quality, this is not aiming at you by the way I'm just making a point.

Col.
JNDVirtual

Re: Going to Start Releasing Sceneries

Post by JNDVirtual »

I don't think any of my sceneries use static aircraft. They are all designed for MAIW AI and WOAI coding (use of ICAO airline codes with the X appended for regional carriers).