The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Custom Ground Texture for Poly

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Custom Ground Texture for Poly

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello Scenery Designers,

I'm actually modelling an Airbase Scenery.

I've made some Taxi and Appron with "classic" textures (Asphalt, Concrete and Bitumous).

I want to make some old taxi and approns (and weathered) with a new texture (home made).

I'm using ADE9 (it's a FS9 scenery). How can I make these approns and taxi (or Poly) with my own texture (without remplacing any of the original texture in the main texture directory) ?

Thanks a lot.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Custom Ground Texture for Poly

Post by John Young »

Make the textures, call them what you like and load a copy into the ADE textures.base and textures.dpy folders (with or without mips as appropriate). Then use the Add Custom Ground Polygon facility to draw the polygons with those textures. The ADE manual tells you how. Just be aware that the custom GP polygons will sit above conventional AFCAD polygons, so be aware of grass polygons in particular, obliterating the visual AFCAD drawing, although they won't affect functionality.

John
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by SeanG »

....And it works a treat too! I have been using custom GP's for my photoreal "Hobsonville" A little tweaking of the textures in PSP and you can achieve some quite good results!

SeanG
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

SeanG wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 20:55 ....And it works a treat too! I have been using custom GP's for my photoreal "Hobsonville" A little tweaking of the textures in PSP and you can achieve some quite good results!

SeanG
Thanks. I'm actually trying...but results are not so easy ;-)

Where can we find your Hobsonville scenery, to see your work ?

Regards.
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by SeanG »

TheFoufure wrote: 21 Jul 2017, 06:57
SeanG wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 20:55 ....And it works a treat too! I have been using custom GP's for my photoreal "Hobsonville" A little tweaking of the textures in PSP and you can achieve some quite good results!
Thanks. I'm actually trying...but results are not so easy ;-)

Where can we find your Hobsonville scenery, to see your work ?
Still in Beta (mostly because I've been very slack)..... waiting to complete the Helos for it... I'll PM you a link to download :)

SeanG