The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KNXP by Brent Newman

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

KNXP by Brent Newman

Post by jimrodger »

Love this,as I'd been attempting to create the same myself, but it had slipped on to the "back-burner".
The recent Fort Irwin MOUT stuff rekindled my thoughts and just as I was getting finished on a project to restart it, up pops your vastly superior offering....many,many thanks for it by the way.

The only problem I have is although I believe I've all the relevant sceneries installed I can't find some objects.

Their GUIDs are
278cb3a2-ee8e-4214-b050-be03ab5400fc
57b7b035-e365-4448-8bb1-5a1acb657f3a
f5fa16cf-a381-4561-9a7c-e8bbac40685c
f0f7d14b-7f79-4fdf-880e-59259656058c
dbf63845-a99d-4e93-a3fc-15c7699e88ca
3b7a4df1-4b71-40b5-9d3a-fc0d79a6beb6
cb832e6c-1748-4521-8a66-8241c43efb4f
8f4b7414-ac9b-4e04-b7ea-4d145cf55c1b
c3e2d941-ba8a-4be0-a103-c6cd91ab8209

Any help in finding the required library/libraries would be gratefully appreciated.

Jim
Populated by some C130s, F18, V22 for a USMC exercise in the local MOUT...
KNXP1.JPG
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: KNXP by Brent Newman

Post by clickclickdoh »

I will double check all the libraries I used when I get home this evening, but my first guess would be that those are either from the MCDmil library or the SS_lights_V2 library. Those are the two predominant libraries not from the MAIW Global Objects libraries. I see you have some power poles in the screen shot, so you likely already have the ss_lights_v2 library installed.

FYI: The VMA-311 repaint package has several aircraft at Twentynine Palms for pre-deployment training and there is a Camp Pendleton project in the works that uses Twentynine Palms for V-22 flights.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

On deeper thought, I believe I also used some objects from the MAIW MCAS Beaufort object library, and there are a lot of custom objects from John Young used in the scenery, so if you tried to reimport the OBJ.bgl they would show up as black boxes for you. The JYAI objects are lots and lots of porta-potties and square looking sun shades.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Cheers for the reply.....

In hadn't added the _OBJ.bgl to my ADE Object manager - so I was getting the black boxes.

After adding them all gone, so very happy.

Many thanks

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Just to add for the FSX users, all looks good outside of the elevation issues.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

It might be me, but..........

I've tried adding various AI aircraft FPs to fly from both KNXP and NXP2.
They all sit on the pan nicely, but when it comes to taxy time, there's no comms with tower/ground and the aircraft just disappear. Happens for C130, V22, F18, AV8B so it can't be an aircraft.cfg problem..

Any ideas please!!!!

Jim
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Interesting, I have quite the flying circus going on my end. Is it happening with flight plans that you've written, or also happening with external FP?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The disappearing means that there is no way for the aircraft to reach the runway, or at least one reason.

You haven't got aircraft parked at one afcad trying to taxy to the other one have you?
Steve
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi Jim,
Make sure the radio section is in the cfg, if it is missing no comms no taxi.
[Radios]
// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1 = 1
Com.1 = 1, 1
Com.2 = 1, 1
Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1
Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0
Adf.1 = 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1 = 1

Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

clickclickdoh wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 21:16 Interesting, I have quite the flying circus going on my end. Is it happening with flight plans that you've written, or also happening with external FP?
Hi

Happens with both my own, and the VMA311 FP.
If I "go" to the other end of the FP the aircraft taxi out with comms etc as expected. :(

Jim
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Firebird wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 06:38 The disappearing means that there is no way for the aircraft to reach the runway, or at least one reason.

You haven't got aircraft parked at one afcad trying to taxy to the other one have you?
Using the airfields straight out of the download. Using my own FPs and the VMA311 for testing and the same thing occurs with everything.

Jim
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

After god knows how many attempts, all fixed.
Not quite sure, but it looks as if I'd missed adding a directory which included some of the FP destinations.

Thanks for the all the help.

Jim
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Not finding a specific KNXP support thread I'll try here. First, thanks for making 29 Palms. Elsewhere in the forums are my examples of MOUT I built near Fort Irwin, so I appreciate the desert training areas.

I thought I was pretty checked out on ADE for FS9 but I have a glitch I've never seen. There is a Quonset Hut with a brown door
that populates a large area of KNXP. These show up in ADE as black squares. If I roll over the square I can see the thumbnail.
The GUID is 0c4ace80-464f-79f5-f858-f5990917fa17. The Thumb is in the P3D Thumbs file and further hunting shows that
it is part of a scenery file called Euromil_objectsJS26.

All the other objects show up - Fence JS, Lights SSv2, Beaufort, McDMilitary, ABO, KNXP OBJ, etc.

I suppose I could substitute the Q Hut 63 from the ABO file, but I wouldn't learning anything.
Great thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Primo ex Aerias 71 SQN (Eagle)

"Never mistake coincidence for cause and effect." W. Edwards Deming

"The more complex an idea, the more simple minded the opposition"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You need the EuroMil_Objects_JS.bgl , which is in our MAIW Global Scenery Library pack.
If you have the thumbnails in ADE, then either you installed those into ADE w/o the lib or you have deleted the lib from the Library Objects Manager.

My guess would be that it was somehow deleted. IF if shows up in the LOM then delete it and re-add it you should be fine.
Steve
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

I have Global Scenery pack for FS9 20161114. It has a MAIW installer. I just re-executed the installer.
Not sure how to deconstruct the Global Scenery Pack to pull out specifically the EuroMil_Objects_JS.bgl library.
I checked the provided library list against what is displayed n LOM.
In addition to EuroMil, also Missing:
AircraftShelters_JS
MAIW_British_Military_Vehicles_ Library
I'm ADE 1.70.6042 if that matters.

clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

You would need to add those libraries into ADE so that it knows where to look for them. Go to Tools> Library object manager then add in each library you want to use that is in the MAIW Scenery Library Objects FS9\scenery folder.

A word of caution about trying to edit the KNXP Obj file. There are a large number of custom objects by John Young included in that scenery. I am pretty sure that if you attempt to recompile the BGL you will lose all of those objects. Not a big loss if you aren't a fan of port-a-potties, but there are also several custom sun shades too.
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

Brilliant ! Things work so much better if one knows where to find things.
What throws me in the process is that LOM looks at MAIW Scenery Library Objects FS9/scenery
and the folder is empty and a box says "No Files Found" then blinks off. But the progress bar in LOM
says otherwise. A few moments on, each of the missing libraries load and the thumbs appear.
SAVE. Open KNXP and all the empty spaces have buildings.

I actually did a light edit. Added two ambulance HUMVEE'S and a couple of parking spaces.
And I still have port-a-potties and JS sun shades . . .
Thanks so much gents -

clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

FYI: The location where you have that light colored C-130 parked is going to be very busy once I finish the Camp Pendleton project. There is a helicopter AFCAD using those parking spots. There may also be some F-35B traffic to the main ramp in the near future. 8)
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

10-4. I moved a couple in NXP2 to make space for the 130. Already had flight plans for KNXP Marine 130s and Harriers.
Cut some of the NXP2 parking spaces down to 33' so everything fits. Not sure of the helos will appreciate the propwash from
the 130s that close though . . .
Can't wait for Pendleton. Excellent job with this scenery. Kudos.

AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by AirAmerica26 »

So to add to my understanding. . . . I saved the KNPX Texture into LOM. When KNPX compiles I still get
port-o-potties and JS sun shades. ADE will let me add the port-o-potties and sun shades to one of the
Fort Irwin sceneries I built from scratch. They show up in ADE and the Thumbs show with a roll over.
Launch FS9 and the items do not appear. The Texture for these items are in KNXP Twentynine Palms EAF/Textures. I suspect I need to add these textures to another Folder AED will recognize. Like where?

Or, do I need to create a Folder for Fort Irwin with the airport ADE file in the Scenery folder and port-o-potties /JS sun shads in Texture folder? Thanks
Rest Stop