The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Gaydon FS9

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
andymcg
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

RAF Gaydon FS9

Post by andymcg »

I have produced RAF Gaydon airfield for the period 1955 to 1965 approx, when Valiants and Victors were flying. Aircraft folders and flight plans are included which cover QRA and circuits for both aircraft, airfield pictures attached. I have tested on my Flight Sim FS2004 which works apart with the normal issues of some aircraft not landing or taking off. If anybody would like to test and advise on any improvements than I would appreciate. email me at mcguckian140 at yahoo dot com
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: RAF Gaydon FS9

Post by Firebird »

Thanks very much.
I will test this out but I have a lot of other testing on at the moment.
Feel free to drop me a pm if you don't here from me within a few days, just to give me a nudge.
Steve
andy135
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andy135 »

Email request sent.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Email sent.

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by andy135 »

andymcg thanks for the scenery. Everything works fine. Thanks for your work.

Andy.
andymcg
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andymcg »

Thanks for testing and your time. Will upload in a few days for anyone that wishes to fly or land.

Thanks

andy135
andymcg
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andymcg »

Hi and sorry, an error has been pointed out to me by Pete on the Victor aircraft with my flight plans. a lesson learnt that I need to keep note of all changes made. You only need to change the Victor aircraft CFG file and you will be able to see the Victors at RAF Gaydon. Amended CFG file attached. My apology .
Attachments
aircraft.cfg
New CFG with amended aircraft titles
(19.35 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Hi, I have a problem with the scenery in that touring the airfield I keep disappearing down holes in the taxiway, do not know if the ai does the same.
andymcg
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andymcg »

Hi Plumber

On testing the only problem I found was on the taxiway to take off from R/way 23 end that there is a cloud of dust comes up from the taxiway, however I was always able to continue and t/off without a problem. I set the runway up that aircraft only t/off from the 05 end due to the QRA take offs. I did try to sort the issue out on the taxi way without any success after 3 rebuilds on the section the problem still persisted. I have taxied all the taxi ways and pans without finding any dust clouds. Please advise on other areas and how much of an issue is it to your flight sim. I put my problem to an FS2004 inbuilt bug.
Andymcg
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Andy, have reinstalled still to retest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

A fantastic visual achievement, however I have a couple of problems.
a) No ATC, have tried to include via "afcad" but on opening I am presented with 5 files, instead of one, adding ATC in one of them , it does not appear.
b) A/C are held at the entrance to the active runway, whilst A/C join via the intersections and then taxi up the runway, turn round and take off, before the one at the active runway hold point.
Is it possible to sort this please?
I can normally amend stuff via "afcad" but the available files do not allow it.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK I have fixed one of your issues.
The file concerned is EGWD_ADE9_AJMc_TXN.bgl, that is where all the runway, taxiway info is.

The problem was that the centre line of the runway was created as a taxi link rather than a runway link. Easily done.
I replaced the taxi link with a runway link and all is well. I made sure that all the hold short nodes are pointing the correct way as well. I am not saying that any were wrong but they can easily get switched around when you are modifying a runway link.

The only other thing that I have done is to move back the hold points from the scramble ARP. The simple reason is that you could run into an issue where aircraft were holding on the runway whilst one was taking off. Things could get a bit crunchy in those circumstances.

I have attached the modified bgl and I shall let somebody else sort out the ATC issue as I am a little busy at the moment.
Attachments
EGWD_ADE9_AJMc_TXN.zip
(3.52 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Thanks very much Steve, most appreciated.
Brian H
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Steve just checked it out working as it should even to the a/c taking off from the start of the runway, many thanks.
Brian H
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
Steve
andymcg
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andymcg »

Hi - cannot help on the ATC issue as I have no idea how it works in FS2004.
My runway design in my FS2004 works with the aircraft moving from there QRA standings on to the runway and taking off, this happen on all the 4 QRA take offs. I worked the flight plans so the A/c do not collide. I placed 2 runway starting points so the FS2004 programme see's the aircraft separately and applies the programme t/off rules. This is what I see in my FS2004.
FS2004 users that use RAF Gaydon do you not see what I have described in my flight sim?
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Steve’s changes work for me now, as I have additional flt plans at Gayden. The change to the start point now means that the QRA a/c now reverse and taxi to the new start point, for me this is not a problem. My flt plans have a/c going to Norway and Malta. Many thanks for the Gayden Scenery
Brian H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Andy,
As I described in my post earlier. The problem that was causing the issue that Brian saw was that you have a taxiway link down the runway instead of a runway link. Aircraft taxi to the take off point using the shortest taxi route, which can be down the runway resulting in Tenerife all over again.
Because of this aircraft from other stands from the airport see the runway as a legitimate taxiway and so do taxi down the runway.
You need to alter it to prevent this. Also I saw what you were doing with the QRA slots and the hold short points there but you could have a problem where a QRA aircraft taxis to its hold point to wait for an aircraft taking off. It would be on the runway and therefore you would have a collision.
If you load up my amendment you will see what I mean about the hold points and also the runway link.
Steve
andymcg
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andymcg »

Hi Steve

Thanks for your explanation, I have uploaded your fix and that was what made posed my question. I wanted a near as possible look of a QRA take off which was achieved however with problem with returning aircraft taxing back down the runway. In my testing I did see this however the programme never gave me the Tenerife issue. The reason I assumed was the 1st hold node holds the A/C until the tracking back A/c reaches its parking slot.
I am new at this and will put the advise into any new designs. I will test extending the A/C taxi line past the QRA T/off point than attach the runway before an intersection to see if it will stop the R/way track back, will advise.

Thanks for your help and advise
Andy McG
andymcg
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andymcg »

Hi All. I have been playing with RAF Gaydon and for me sorted the take off issues of the QRA a/c and the other a/c starting there T/off run from the start of the runway. I have attached a new RAF Gaydon that replaces the original plus traffic bgl for the QRA Valiants and Victors. The QRA aircraft will start from just after the QRA parking and the other aircraft will start at the start of the runway. Installation details in original file readme note.
You will need the Valiants and Victors files from the original RAF Gaydon on the MAIWs site. Please enjoy.
Attachments
Amended traffic flight plans.zip
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
RAF Gaydon.zip
(90.43 KiB) Downloaded 37 times