The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Scenery questions

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Scenery questions

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi guys

I need a scenery object of a Mirage III on a pole for an airbase I'm building. Is theire a way of converting an AI version into scenery object.

Secondly how do I produce background images for scenery made from a GE image and landclass files.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Scenery questions

Post by gsnde »

Don Grovestine (the author of AI Flight Planer) has made a tool just for this purpose: SAMM.

SAMM Webpage.

You could also use MSX to kill the animations after you have gear etc. in the wanted position.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks Martin just what I need.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

If you are going to upload the scenery John, are you OK for copyright in the re-worked model?

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I've not done the conversion yet but I'm thinking of the MPAI versions of his mirages and I've emailed Mike to ask his permission. The scenery would be available from MAIW only.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Mike Pearson has given me permission to convert his AI models for the French Air Bases projects. Very kind of him. Usual credits in the readme.
John