The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

China Lake scenery and Airport 260 textures

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

China Lake scenery and Airport 260 textures

Post by Ford Friendly »

Hi.

I dl'd and installed some avsim scenery for China Lake which looks like the author did some incredible work. My only problem with it is I can't locate the textures he used so many buildings are untextured/white.

The textures referenced in the readme are part of Airport 260 which I guess was a freeware scenery/painting program that was popular a while ago.

I've looked all over the net and the closest url ref I get is http://www.airportforwindows.com/ Unfortunately, that site now is a generic menu/page with pointless links - that is, it's no longer hosting any FS2004-related info or links.

So, I'm looking for any info on where I can find those textures now or an offer to send me the files.

Help here would definitely make my day as the only viable scenery alternative is spending money on the payware Alphasim scenery - not particularly expensive, but I really like the freeware package (outside of the all-white buildings).

Thanks.

Ford
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Pop over to FLightsim, log in and on the main page scroll down until you see "Must Have Files".

You should find Airport 260 in there

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Thanks. I'll have a look.

Edited to add: deleted by OP
2nd edit: deleted by OP
3rd edit: Found I had mis-installed the Nova textures and that solved my problem (after getting the Airport 260 textures at flightsim.com).

Thanks for the help.

Ford
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Your more than welcome, glad you got it sorted.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Yes, it is a really nice package - it goes great with the Edwards AFB scenery and is a good stopover for the EAFB test wing a/c. Plus it has no airport elevation issues/problems...