The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Photoreal scenery over area how to (fs2004)

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Photoreal scenery over area how to (fs2004)

Post by miljan »

Guys ,
I wanna improve some areas in my sim to be more realistic but I have no clue how it goes.
Terrain SDK?
Sbuilder?

Please feel free to suggest any good advice or any good tutorial , program , whatever. I know that FS2004 has certain limitations per pixel and cannot look good as in FSX.

Miljan
VIVA LA VIDA
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Photoreal scenery over area how to (fs2004)

Post by paul64 »

Sbuilder and fsdeveloper.com would be a good start
Paul
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: Photoreal scenery over area how to (fs2004)

Post by JohnTenn »

Miljan

Have a look at this thread

https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/9/14 ... 74#p155143

From my limited experience you can use any size source image to start your project.

Vertical photo's are ideal but cost money.

I have used images from Bing and Google Earth. Mine I made up a large picture by combining a whole lot of screen shots.
There are significant distortions in Google earth images because they are themselves collages.

I used a paint program to paint over the writing and icons. I then in most cases have to use a filter 'warming' effect to remove the whiteness in the image which is made worse when the Sbuilder tiles are created.

If you can get source images for FSX that are larger than possible for Sbuilder for FS9 you can still use the image.
What you need is the top left co-ordinates and bottom right co-ordinates and you can position the image to make tiles for FS9.

John