The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ADE airport fails to obscure stock airport

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

ADE airport fails to obscure stock airport

Post by TimC340 »

I’ve just built a new PC and have installed P3D afresh, so I’m gradually rebuilding the sim. In the process of trying to sort out an Orbx library problem (now sorted), I was using CYOW to work from. Just for fun, I added a few items in ADE (jetways, a few buildings, and sorted out the runway/taxiway layout). On activating the revised airport, the tarmac layout was as I’d revised, and the jetways appeared, but the stock buildings and taxiway signs remained stubbornly unaltered (and thus in the wrong place). I thought maybe it was something I’d done, but I tried someone else’s version of the airport and the same result applied.

There are no duplicate third-party airports or AFCADs installed, and no other airports I’ve injected have shown this behaviour. Anyone got any idea what’s going on?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: ADE airport fails to obscure stock airport

Post by Firebird »

Just to be sure I have it correct. Is it the case that the buildings are from the default built-in scenery from P£D?

If so it sounds like you have used the default as a template and modified it to create a new scenery. If this is the case the original scenery is still there. To remove that you need to add an exclude or excludes to cover the areas that want to remove.

Try that to see if there is any difference.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Hi Steve. Yes, this is a mod of the stock airport - and of course, you’re right, I think that’s the issue. It’s not a path I usually take when designing a field! I’ll have a look when I’m next in UK and able to access my PC.

Serves me right for getting distracted while trying to sort out other issues. I must learn to leave things alone - I’ll probably never visit CYOW again!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

You may or may not but the case highlights something that will probably come up again, so therefore it is useful.
Steve