The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Maxwell AFB

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Maxwell AFB

Post by jetrange »

Here's another scenery in the Montgomery area I've been working on: Maxwell AFB. It includes about the same amount of parking as the FS9 scenery, but it includes more buildings such as the Air Force Inn, where I stayed last year for Cadet Officer School, and the Officer Training School. It still needs a little tweaking, and I also have this strange issue where after an AI aircraft is refueled, it disappears. I also might make paints of the Maxwell Hercs with John's model if I have the chance.
Attachments
Maxwell 1.JPG
Maxwell 2.JPG
Jon
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Re: Maxwell AFB

Post by Jon »

Nice work. Is the OTS rock still there?
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I don't entirely know, since I wasn't allowed to go onto the OTS grounds when I went there for Cadet Officer School. Here's the progress on the scenery, which includes a couple more buildings. I'm still having a problem with AI traffic disappearing after getting refueled. I'm also wondering on how I can make the Hercs for the 357th Airlift Squadron, because the paint kit for John's H model is a different configuration than what the USAF's Hercs are.
Attachments
Maxwell 3.JPG
Maxwell 4.JPG
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I think the problem is that my "H" models don't include a variation with the "bunny ears" sensors on top of the fuselage or the blister sensors on the rear as featured on 357th Airlift Squadron aircraft . If you could confirm that's what you need (and any other absent features you spot) I'll generate that model for you if you could also tell me which sim version(s) you are making the scenery for. I don't really want to get involved with flight planning though.

John
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

It actually isn't the model that I have a question about, though I think we could try out those mods. What I'm trying to figure out is how to make the texture details for the USAF Hercs because they have different details than the texture that's on the paint kit, which is one of the Canadian paints. The detail layout I'm trying to figure out how to make is essentially the same layout as Brent's details for the Dobbins Hercs shown below, just with the markings of Maxwell's.

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm confused jetrange.

I'm not clear what "different details than the texture that's on the paint kit" means?

If you have the "JYAI_C-130H.psd" paint kit, what is it that you want to paint but can't?

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sorry, I think I've just realised what you need. It's the paint kit that I produced for Brent for the Japan C-130H's that also has USAF livery.

If you concur, I'll upload the file to my cloud server and send you a link. This is what the sheet looks like:

John
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I'm pretty sure that's what I need John. Thank you.
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Wait, I just found out that the paint kit for the C-130R is basically the same as the kit above. So I think I'll go with that instead, but thank you anyway.
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Jetrange, understand, just assumed they would have given your cadets a tour or something. Squadron Officers School (SOS) was the last time I was on Maxwell AFB back in 1994...
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

I finally got the chance to paint the C-130Hs for the 357th Airlift Squadron based at Maxwell. Two of the 9 aircraft have the D-Day stripes.
Attachments
357th 1.JPG
357th 2.JPG
jetrange
Captain
Captain

Post by jetrange »

Finished all the Maxwell 130s and they turned out great. I'll send this to the hangar soon as a package to replace the old HTAI paints.
Attachments
Maxwell 8.JPG
Maxwell 7.JPG
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

They look great, keep the stripes ready as I noticed one of the Little Rock AFB 19th AW C-130-30Js had them applied.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris