The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

[Search] Cambridge EGSC - Marshall's C130s

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
geoffj
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

[Search] Cambridge EGSC - Marshall's C130s

Post by geoffj »

Hi all,

Wanting to get some C130 traffic moving in/out of Marshall's - does anyone know if Tony Meredith's Cambridge EGSC for FSX is available anywhere (link from Mutley's Hangar is dead and file not found on usual sites)?

many thanks, Geoff
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: [Search] Cambridge EGSC - Marshall's C130s

Post by TimC340 »

Another place that's reasonably well covered by the UK2000 VFR series (now freeware).
geoffj
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by geoffj »

I already have that FS2004 product which I believe has been freeware for some time and dates from 2003-2005.

I also have the 3 UK2000 FSX Airfields products, still payware but unsupported, dated 2009. Unfortunately the EGSC AFX file has a mix of hard and grass runways and taxiways which heavy aircraft landing cannot differentiate, so Herks run around the grass taxiways after landing on the hard runway. The taxiways seem to be plumbed for through parking which makes it very awkward to amend.

I hoped Tony's file would be a good alternative to a total rebuild of the EGSC AFX file together with a separate GA sub file but it is elusive.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

I've taxied a C130 on the grass at Cambridge, so it's not that unprototypical - but you'd normally have the aircraft 'strip-prepped', with all the underside aerials protected.

Edit: you're quite correct that it's still payware. My mistake; I had thought the VFR series had become freeware as it's now unsupported.