The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Scale and Pitch

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
AirAmerica26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Scale and Pitch

Post by AirAmerica26 »

As a recovering model railroader I'm conscience of scale when building out scenery. Some buildings and trees in some libraries look too small or too large. So I started messing around with the Scale and Pitch feature on ADE. Sometimes a desirable hanger is a couple meters too small to realistically fit a given aircraft so bumping it up a tenth makes it look better without distorting any windows or man doors. Under Add / Library Object/ Generic (as opposed to Add /Generic Building) there are number of bridge components of various styles. Some in a compatible style are in different scales. It took a bit of fooling around but I managed to create a visually serviceable river crossing.

Next challenge was to put vehicles on the bridge. That worked out to a combination of changing height and finding the right pitch.

Vehicles on the flat part were easy. And I've only figured how to make them go down hill. Unless I can make a negative pitch? to put the nose up? That just occurred to me as I write this . . . hmmm . . .

I've been enjoying Brent Newman's Fort Polk. Managed to get a pallet of supplies to look decent on a fork lift.

Discovering that landing at the Mortar Range you come under fire was a little unsettling. I added a target circle and some 3D targets, but the effects are all BN.
Primo ex Aerias 71 SQN (Eagle)

"Never mistake coincidence for cause and effect." W. Edwards Deming

"The more complex an idea, the more simple minded the opposition"
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Scale and Pitch

Post by Greg »

I find that often these little scenery projects you do for yourself can be more satisfying than buying a fancy expensive airport scenery. And the best part is when you forget about placing some objects left or right and then later discover them by accident during a flight.

Not that I have time now for such things, but this post brings back some good memories. :)