The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

api files and ade9x

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

api files and ade9x

Post by VulcanDriver »

Can ADE9X import api files? I have found lots of api libraries that I could use.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: api files and ade9x

Post by TheFoufure »

VulcanDriver wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 23:15 Can ADE9X import api files? I have found lots of api libraries that I could use.

TIA

I think it's not directly possible. But I've find a solution and I use it since some times.

I convert API file with "ModelConverterX" to MDL format and add them to a new LibraryBGL file with "Library Creator XML". And after that I add normaly my new BGL Library in ADE.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks for the info. I'll try that 👍
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

TheFoufure wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 02:52
VulcanDriver wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 23:15 Can ADE9X import api files? I have found lots of api libraries that I could use.

TIA

I think it's not directly possible. But I've find a solution and I use it since some times.

I convert API file with "ModelConverterX" to MDL format and add them to a new LibraryBGL file with "Library Creator XML". And after that I add normaly my new BGL Library in ADE.
Worked a treat Thanks.
John

TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

You are welcom.

With this method we can use some old API files.