The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Pau woe

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
jgowing
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Pau woe

Post by jgowing »

Continuing from the issue I found with telegraph poles all over Pau LFBP in the Gazelle thread..

First, and as far as I am able to tell, the problem is definitely with the Occitania scenery I have installed of southwest France; if I disable it, the problem disappears. But then I get confused again, and this probably just re-emphasizes my ignorance of layers.

With Occitania enabled, and with LFBP at a higher layer number than Occitania, i.e. above it in the scenery list in the manager, I see the telegraph poles.

However, with LFBP at a lower layer number than Occitania, I get a lot of additional things as well as the telegraph poles: water towers, houses, trees.

Any ideas beyond ditching Occitania, which I otherwise like?

Jon
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Pau woe

Post by John Young »

If the telegraph poles are autogen Jon and they probably are, try turning your density setting down to normal or below.

Removing telegraph poles are a pain. They can't be done with exclusion rectangles and hence scenery layering won't help. Someone skilled with SBuilder might be able to remove the poles from deep inside the FS9 terrain under Pau in Occitania, but alas, I'm not one of them I'm afraid.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jon,
The issue you are seeing is exactly how I described how the layer system works.
With Pau as the higher number you get the poles but other stuff is missing. This is because Pau is overriding some scenery objects but not all, this is why with Pau having a lower layer number it gets loaded and wipes some default scenery objects but the higher layer Occitania gets loaded on top of that and adds the extra features missing from your original format.

Now, it seems to me that the easiest way to try and cure this is to disable the scenery supplied with the Gazelles.
Then with the Occitania enabled go to the default LFBP. What you may be able to do then is create an exclude that covers the area of the default afcad using ADE.
When you save that exclude copy it to the folder for Gazelles Pau scenery.
Then rename that exclude file adding at least 4 zeros to the beginning of the name - so '0000_'
This will have the effect of being the first file to be loaded in that folder. So, when you re-enable the Pau scenery the first file processed should be the exclude, then the scenery objects will be placed on top of that.

In theory, and all being well your exclude should fix your issue.
Steve
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

Thankyou both for your support. Steve, I'll try what you suggest in the fullness of time, but meanwhile, John, you were right about the autogen. Dialling the scenery density back to "dense" did the trick for Pau, and I can certainly live with that for now, not least because I then remembered I'd long had a similar issue at Bern, which is now also okay.

Cheers and happy Easter,

Jon