The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Object GUID: {5b8fdf4b-c29f-4eeb-a1bd-ac8eb3b77e47}

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Cecco
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Object GUID: {5b8fdf4b-c29f-4eeb-a1bd-ac8eb3b77e47}

Post by Cecco »

Hello,
with a friend of mine I am creating the Italian military airports for MFS 2020. We have found your works very useful. Especially the AI planes to be placed in these airports. I downloaded the MAIW Global Scenery Library Objects (FSX) package along with the Thumbails to see if there were any airport compatible objects I am currently creating. I would be interested in the object with GUID {5b8fdf4b-c29f-4eeb-a1bd-ac8eb3b77e47}. This is a military type tent. Unfortunately I can't find it in the BGL files of the library. Could you give me some help? Are any of you in possession of this item? Where can I find it?

Thanks so much

Francesco
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Object GUID: {5b8fdf4b-c29f-4eeb-a1bd-ac8eb3b77e47}

Post by Jim »

Hi Francesco,

I can see it in "JYAI Custom Scenery Objects_FSX.BGL" in my "MAIW_GLOBAL_OBJECTS_CUSTOM" folder installed with Matrix. The object is called "Rub 35M closed closed".

Jim
Cecco
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Cecco »

Hello and thanks for the prompt reply.
If I understand correctly, do I have to install MAIW_GLOBAL_OBJECTS_CUSTOM in order to have more objects including "Rub 35M closed closed"? I currently use MFS, but on the laptop I have P3D V5. I hope these libraries are compatible and then extract the file that interests me.
Alternatively, can you directly pass me the MDL file exported with MCX and its textures?

Thanks again
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

We do not extract individual mdls. If the mdl is part of a bgl then why not use the bgl?

We also will not allow the work of members to be used in a way not intended by them. If you would like to use that library in your scenery, and would like to distribute it, then please ask the author for permission first.

If you really want just to use that one mdl then again please ask the author if you may have it for your use. He may well send you a copy that meets your needs. The author is John Young on this forum, why not drop him a pm.
Steve
Cecco
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Cecco »

The airports I am building are for personal use and will not be distributed. If I ever do, I'll ask the author for permission. I know how to proceed when using the work of others, I am a creator of scenarios too. You can extract the file individually, not necessarily with an entire BGL. And anyway the native bgls for FSX / P3D are not supported by MFS 2020. I will write to John Young via PM.

Thank you
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Thanks for clarifying your position and contacting John.
Steve