The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

LIRM Grazzanise

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

LIRM Grazzanise

Post by TimC340 »

After a long period where other responsibilities took precedence, I now have a bit of time free to play with some scenery and I thought I'd have a go at LIRM for P3D. Having created the basic layout in ADE, and checking it in-sim, I see that some HASs are showing in position for the stock airport (which is in the wrong place) but I can't for the life of me see where they come from! They are really annoying and I need to get rid of them.

I have both v4.5 and v5.2. These HAS's appear in 4.5, but not in 5.2. That eliminates Orbx, which is installed in both. I've been going through various likely MAIW sceneries and libraries installed in 4.5 and turning them off, but no success as yet. Anyone know which (if any) scenery contains these HASs?
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: LIRM Grazzanise

Post by petebramley »

Just had a look at LIRM in my setup and I have only the default scenery at present and no HAS (P3Dv4.4). The only sceneries that covered LIRM that I could find were FSX and FS9 photoreal but not sure if they have HAS models included (none seen when peeking on Avsim/Flightsim). Do not think MAIW ever did LIRM !
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

No, not as such Pete, but I have a feeling these HASs are in some MAIW library or other (I don't have much MAIW on P3Dv5.2, which is why I've narrowed it down to MAIW). I've managed to get rid of them, but that was with a bulk edit. I'm now restoring libraries one by one till I find which one holds them!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

It will probably be a library with location data in it for the HAS’s. The only thing is I have all of the MAIW libs and nothing shows in my setup. It may be some random scenery with objects placed by mistake. I had this happen once with FS9 and it took me days to locate the culprit (An American scenery with an object placed on a runway in the Middle East I think it was).
Pete B
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I've narrowed the HAS down to Object 13 in MAIW_aircraft_shelter_library.bgl within (MATRIX)/MAIW_GLOBAL/MAIW_GLOBAL_OBJECTS_GENERIC, but which file is holding the geolocation data is a mystery. Turning that bgl off in that folder removes the offenders, but will remove any other instances of that object.

I'm not sure how to decode (or even where to find) the geolocation data. I guess one way of finding it would be to load absolutely everything into ADE's Scenery Library Manager and see what appears on the LIRM airport file. If there's an easier way, please give me a clue!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

To be honest the only way I can think of, which is very basic, relies on you having loaded and saved the xml for all your scenery objects.

If so you can do a text search for the object guid and see which files include that object.

The only other thing that I can think of is to remove all of your addon sceneries, except the MAIW_aircraft_shelter_library.bgl to ensure that they don't show up in game then. Just to rule out duplicate GUIDs.
The reasoning behind this is that in FS9 I had HAS on the scenery of KSEA, because the object lib had the same GUID as one of our HAS libs. I have had some others as well with wrong being used. I even had this massive wall across the mid point of KSEA due to a Indian airport scenery.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Thanks Steve. No, I don't have the xml for everything. I suspect the location data is in one of the Italian libraries or perhaps as an add-on to one of the Italian aircraft that I've incorporated at some point or other. It's odd that the shelters are located correctly for the stock airport, but there's no associated afcad - there's no parking whatsoever at LIRM in my sim.

The picture shows how they're misplaced on an accurately-placed LIRM afcad. For now, I'll leave the object turned off within that library and see if inspiration hits at some point - and that I don't find lots of HAS-free airfields in the meantime!

petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Have just had a look at the above mentioned file and the object has no location data attached. There may be some other library that has been made up using that particular model or one very similar. Have you searched for any other copies of that file in alternate locations ?

Pete
Pete B
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have had a look and the only official LIRM scenery that we used was in the early Italian Air Force Tornado package. It was just an afcad, no third objects added.

I am trying to think how some scenery for LIRM got included in the Matrix package. Definitely no scenery for FS9 that has been converted.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

petebramley wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 19:12 Have just had a look at the above mentioned file and the object has no location data attached. There may be some other library that has been made up using that particular model or one very similar. Have you searched for any other copies of that file in alternate locations ?

Pete
I haven't yet, Pete - I got distracted when I noticed Aviano had no traffic! Yes, I was wandering around Italy.
Firebird wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 19:53 I have had a look and the only official LIRM scenery that we used was in the early Italian Air Force Tornado package. It was just an afcad, no third objects added.

I am trying to think how some scenery for LIRM got included in the Matrix package. Definitely no scenery for FS9 that has been converted.
No idea, Steve. I imagine it's in some package I've installed at some point, and it uses that model. I'll find it eventually! I've already found that the model is used (and thus doesn't appear) in at least one other airfield. I'll check who the author is and see if that leads anywhere.

The reason I was wandering around was that, having converted Giorgio's AW101 flightplans to P3D (FSX) format, the 9th Stormo Merlins didn't appear. I had a look around and plenty of other Matrix/MAIW traffic was in evidence, but absolutely nothing at Aviano (which is busy AF normally). No FS9 plans present, so more investigation to do...

It's great when the weather is rubbish, isn't it!
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

The HH-101 package recently released has LIRM_ADE9_BMK.bgl which has a bunch of HAS I believe.
Might be what's causing the prob?

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It was the first thought that I had, Jim.
So I loaded the scenery into ADE and checked and it does not use MAIW_aircraft_shelter_library.bgl .
It only uses only EuroMil_Objects_JS.bgl, Italian tornado share.bgl and MAIW_ABO.bgl .

The 'check the simple' didn't work. I even checked the 1IRM scenery from that pack but that has no objects.

My thinking here that it must be a personal thing for Tim, otherwise others would have said that they had the problem. I am wondering if it is an Italian area scenery that adds the HAS.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

jimrodger wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 20:38 The HH-101 package recently released has LIRM_ADE9_BMK.bgl which has a bunch of HAS I believe.
Might be what's causing the prob?

Jim
I'm P3D Jim, not FS9 - which Giorgio's scenery is. That's the reason I'm making a P3D version of LIRM. I think Steve's right; I've probably installed something somewhere that includes these shelters as a 'bonus', and I'm going to have to go through a process of elimination to find it!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I have been thinking of converting the HH-101 package to P3Dv4 myself and was just about to start when this thread came up. As soon as I saw LIRM in that package I thought the same as Jim/Steve. I will hold back on converting anything for now !
Pete B
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Last two posts from Steve and Tim are right.
The LIRM scenery I've released for HH-101, is for FS9 only.
I'm aware of just one very old scenery released back in the year for LIRM (FS9) that I had, but it was NOT published on the usual sites, it was on a site that do not exist anymore from years, and, if I remember right, it didn't use that type of hangars.

Regards, Giorgio

P.S. If you want to convert my LIRM for P3D, feel free to do it.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Thanks Giorgio. I haven't found the offending scenery yet, but I'm gradually populating P3Dv5 with the same scenery so I should find out which one is the offender during that process. I've already discovered that one of the Italian sceneries I'm using is the reason traffic is suppressed. I haven't pinned it down exactly yet - I'm entering sceneries in batches and I gave up late last night! The weather's due to be rubbish again tomorrow, so I should get more info then.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I have converted LIRM to P3Dv4 for personal use and updated the MATRIX version of LIPC with pushback stoppers and a couple of other minor updates. If Giorgio & Tim are happy will post to the forums in the next couple of days once I have fully checked them.
The AW101 is another outstanding Model by John.

Regards
Pete B
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

No problem, Pete. I'm working on a slightly more detailed LIRM using MAIW libraries and with a photoreal background. I'll throw it in the mix if people want it. Should be able to show pics in a day or two.

The scenery causing the traffic issue was a stray copy of JS's Sigonella - which has an FS9 traffic file hidden in the scenery folder!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Still no joy yet on narrowing down where the HAS came from?
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Not yet, Steve. I decided to concentrate on P3Dv5 and see if they appeared as I added sceneries. It hasn't happened yet! I'll let you know if I discover them - I hope I do, as they're actually the right HASs for the location, just in the wrong place. Another clue is that the stock airfield doesn't have the loop taxiway for the HASs, so somewhere there is a modified stock airfield with these addons.