The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Scenery Library Help Request

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
colinosullivan
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Scenery Library Help Request

Post by colinosullivan »

Hello All,

I'm having some issues with being able to see some library objects within my sim. The area where I am focusing on right now is within "Package Boeing KC-46A Pegasus & co-located MPAI KC-135R Stratotanker for FSX/P3D (JYAI)". The attached scenery files once worked fine in my sim, however, upon doing some bulk updates to scenery in my P3D config, the library objects now fail to appear. I'm not sure what is causing the issue as I have tried to disable other sceneries to help to no prevail.

I'm currently running P3Dv4.4... Once again it worked before and I have taken it upon myself to completely reinstall MAIW along with the respective package. I'm thinking there could be an exclusion issue? Not entirely sure. I use ORBX but even when I have this disabled the AFCAD from the KC46 package appears but nothing else.

Reiterating that this package once worked before, in conjunction with the included exclusion file, I'm not sure why it is not working now. I have tried numerous times to refresh my scenery .dat filelist but nothing is working.
One Team One Fight
Colin J. O'Sullivan, SrA, FL ANG
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance, 125th Fighter Wing
Embry Riddle Undergraduate Student - Aeronautical Science & Management
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Scenery Library Help Request

Post by Firebird »

Well you have kinda hit on the solution yourself.
As you said it worked when you installed it, now after scenery updates it doesn't.

So you have to do what countless people before you have done. You have to back out those scenery changes. Make sure the Tanker package then works and then start adding the other sceneries back until you find the culprit.

No the quickest way will depend upon the number of sceneries you added after the Tanker package. If it is a small number, 1-5, then add them one at a time until it doesn't work again. You will then have your culprit.
If you have a larger number, for example 12, then add the first 6 back. If the problem still exists then the casue is in that first 6, so remove sceneries 4-6 and retry. You get the idea.
If after adding the first 6 the problem does not materialize then you know it is in the second half. So you add half of the remaining sceneries, 7-9, and try.

There is no other way out of this. There is no other help we can give as each persons setup is unique.

The only other cause for this would be that you have somehow removed the folder that contains the libs when you did the bulk updates.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

If its just the Library objects that are failing to appear make sure you have the MAIW Object Libraries installed in an active scenery folder:

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... bjects-fsx

Also if you were using MATRIX then make sure those folders are installed and activated.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
colinosullivan
Cadet
Cadet

Post by colinosullivan »

Morning Guys, thanks for the quick response.

I have tried isolating potential overlap of sceneries but nothing seems to be doing the trick. I have uninstalled MAIW along with the respective packages. My plan is to, as you mentioned, try to install it all via MAIW and see if I can get the default scenery to show up. My biggest concern is with the scenery library order (layer vs priority) as I'm thinking once I activate ORBX again it will work, BUT as stated before, it has actually worked on my sim. Let's see if I can get this figured.
One Team One Fight
Colin J. O'Sullivan, SrA, FL ANG
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance, 125th Fighter Wing
Embry Riddle Undergraduate Student - Aeronautical Science & Management
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Make sure your installation of Orbx puts all their sceneries below your MAIW sceneries. You need to go into Orbx Central (Settings/Insertion Point) to tell Orbx where you want them to be. Check that you don't have multiple examples of any given airport - the easiest way is to simply search for the ICAO code. Note that if you're using P3Dv5 (I know you aren't, but some readers of this thread may have similar issues), the codes may have changed - and Lockheed have occasionally re-used codes from closed airfields to designate minor airstrips. In sim, have a look on the map. Are there overlapping airfields at those where the objects are missing? If so, you need to get rid of one of them! If you have the freeware Orbx Global Airport pack, be aware that they have updated AFDs for hundreds of airports in the USA. Sometimes they will appear superimposed on MAIW scenery, but sometimes they will eliminate it. Lastly, it's often necessary to add a large exclusion rectangle over third-party airports to fully stop interference with LM or Orbx sceneries in P3Dv5.2. I've never needed to do this in v4.5, but it may be worth a try.