The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

PAED Arresting Cables

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
supernova48
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

PAED Arresting Cables

Post by supernova48 »

I have downloaded the Elmendorf scenery. Excellent job again. You have added the arresting gear to the runways. What scenery program do you use to add that? I am interested in doing a scenery for DSM and would like to add those to the runway.

On another subject, if anyone is doing a Midwest ANG package, I have new tail design pix for the F16's at DSM.

Thanks,
Ken
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Hey Ken, welcome to our forums. I am the designer of the scenery objects in the Elmendorf package, including the BAK-12 arresting systems. I designed the objects in FSDS 3 and placed them using SBuilder. I create the objects from scratch and then compile them into a scenery library which allows me to place them at will in any scenery I wish.

As far as a Midwest ANG package: Yes we are eventually getting around to that. Dan Bourque was working on one before he stepped away from this hobby to be a new father. So we have all of his old work and will eventually get around to finishing the Midwest package.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
supernova48
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by supernova48 »

Well I figured it might be FSDS. Nice job on those BAK-12's. Guess I should move on from EZScenery to Sbuilder.

Here are the new tail designs for the 132nd out of DSM.

Thanks again,
Ken
Attachments
100_1469.jpg
100_1469.jpg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 371 times
100_1470.jpg
100_1470.jpg (28.93 KiB) Viewed 371 times
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Cool, I think I see a tribute to the 178thFW in that tail flash. Iowa is getting some of the 178th's birds courtesy of BRAC. :evil:

BTW, check out Jake's website, very cool site.
Attachments
86-0262_162FS_JMelampy.jpg
86-0262_162FS_JMelampy.jpg (125.14 KiB) Viewed 332 times
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

supernova48 wrote:Guess I should move on from EZScenery to Sbuilder.
Perhaps, certainly SBuilder is a much more capable program when it comes to overall scenery design. Placing objects is just one of its many features. However any scenery model can be compiled into a scenery library for SBuilder, EZ Scenery or even RWY12 if you know how to do it. :wink:

If you know how to compile scenery models into object libraries for EZ Scenery, then you could use anything out there that you get your hands on. You would just need the model and texture files.
-Mike G.

supernova48
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by supernova48 »

I have Sbuilder installed on my computer, but have never sat down and tried to design anything with it. I don't always have a lot of patience when trying to learn new things. I am working with EZScenery, but there are so many libraries and it is hard to find the items I want to install.

I have done a few AFCAD files and I purchased AFX which I like for downloading background pictures to line up the taxiways. Of course that makes all the default buildings out of place.

I work at DSM airport, the ANG here has recieved their BRAC exchanges. Most of the aircraft they got came from an AFRC squadron at Hill AFB.

Thanks again,
Ken